Chapter 3

Jackaboy,

I know you can hear me, at least that's what everyone tells me. You can hear me. Now you better be happy that I came to see you buddy. I came all the way to Ireland just to be with you. To sit here in this room with you.

Felix keeps blowing up my phone, wondering if you're okay. "His heart is still beating." I say. That's a good sign, right Jack? At least your heart is beating.

I know, I know, I'm suppose to be talking with you about happy memories, but it's hard. It really is....

They say it helps if you just talk. It helps you remember things. Oh god Jack, I don't think I can do this. But I have to. I'm sure if it was me instead of you, you would be doing the same thing.

I don't know what to tell everyone, Jack. I don't know what to tell our fans, especially your friends. They're worried about you buddy. They really are.

I only have a couple of more minutes before I have to leave Jackaboy, but I promise you that I will be back tomorrow. I will be by your side through the whole thing. Bob, Wade, Felix, Ken, the rest of your friends, your family, and yes, even your fans, we are here Jack. We are not going anywhere. Whenever you decide to open your eyes, we will be here.

Oh god Jack, please wake up soon! I can't lose another friend. Not again.

Please, can I say a couple of more words to him? I swear after I am done, I will leave for the night. I promise. Please let me finish.

I'm sorry Jack. They won't let me finish what I have to say. On the bright side, Felix will be visiting tomorrow. That's something to look forward to right?

Stay strong in there Jack. I believe in you! You can pull through this.

~Mark

•••••••••••••••

Tears were streaming down my face. I was more confused than ever before.

Mark had never came to visit me in Ireland, why was he lying about that? It wasn't funny. Especially since he was dead.

I set the letter down gently on the bed. Something brushes through my hair. I flinch, looking up. For a split second, I could've swore I saw Mark's face. His smile was a sad, his eyes were all puffy and red. I blink and he was gone.

Crying silently, I ponder with Mark's note. My heart still beating? Him in Ireland visiting me? Tell my fans what? My thoughts travel more.

Was Mark still alive? That was impossible! The police officer told me he was dead! I went to his memorial service! Everyone went to his memorial service! He had to be dead! Unless...

What if these things that I am experiencing right now weren't real? What if this was all just in my head? I reach into the box and pull out the next letter. I need answers, and I need them fast. The only way I was going to get any of my questions answered was by reading these letters. I wipe away the remainder of my tears and started reading the next note.