Chapter 8

Jack, I think it's time. I think it's time you knew exactly what had happen to you before it's too late.

Jackaboy, if you can hear me, please, forgive me for not telling you this sooner. I was trying to figure out a way to tell you. Now I realize, this is the only way. I can't sugar-coat it. I just can't.

Oh god, give me the strength to tell this without crying.

About a week and a half ago, you were on your way to the airport to come over to L.A. for my birthday. You didn't tell me that you were coming because you wanted to surprise me. At least that's what Bob, Felix, and Wade told me.

Jack, you were crossing an intersection when another car slammed into Taxi that you were in. The driver was intoxicated, and from what the police had told all of us, "she was really, really drunk."

The force of the other car was so strong that when she hit the taxi, the taxi started flipping over again and again.

When the police arrived, they found the drunk woman uninjured and unaware what was going on. They also found the taxi you were in, totalled and upside down. The medics were able to get the taxi driver out of the car. Luckily, he was still conscious and told the medics that there was another person with him. But Jack, when they searched through the wreckage, they couldn't find you. The reason they couldn't find you in the wrecked taxi was you had been ejected.