Chapter 4

Seán, errm, Jack, I mean....

I don't know anymore bro. I'm sorry, I know you prefer Jack... I know I always called you Jack, but sometimes, calling someone by their real name, makes them listen better.

I was able to get Mark to go to sleep today. When I arrived, I thought he was a zombie from how tired he was. He really wasn't lying when he said that he wasn't going to leave your side.

Anyways bro, like I said, I was able to get Mark to rest. He's worried about you. We are all worried about you. You gave Mark and I quite the scare when they said that you're heart had stopped beating sometime last night. However, being the fighter that you are, they were able to restart your heart.

Jack, please, hear me out bro. I know you're listening to me right now, just like you were listening to Mark yesterday.

Please, don't be afraid. If you're in a lot of pain, it's okay if you let go. Yeah, everyone is going to be upset, but it's better to be upset than see you be miserable for the rest of your entire life. I just wanted to be the one to say that. I know, Mark would kill me if he heard me saying this to you. It's worth him killing me for.

On to a little happier note because I really don't want to cry.

Bob and Wade will be down here sometime tomorrow afternoon. Ken is arriving tonight. So those three will probably be here tomorrow. Sounds fun, eh Jack? It's just like the good old days right?

Fuck... I'm crying right now. God, why am I such a cry baby?

It's really hard to see you look so broken, so lifeless against the bed. And it kills me, kills everyone, that we can't do anything to help. All we can do is sit back and hope for the best. This is your battle, and your battle alone Jack. Only you can choose the outcome of it. I just hope that whatever you decide on, that it's for the best. Don't worry about up seating us okay? We will understand your decision either way. Just take as long as you need to be able to fight this battle. We will be here.

Damn it. Mark is coming back into the room. I swore I told him to get some sleep. I'm sorry Jack, I have to go. I'll talk to you tomorrow bro, okay?

Stay strong Jack.

-Felix

••••••••••

My heart had stopped? I stare in disbelief at the Felix's letter. My heart didn't stop beating whatsoever. If it did, why didn't I feel anything? Especially the pain part that he was talking about. I'm not in any pain, what should I let go of, the letters?

But the letters are helping me find the truth. How could I let go of them? Felix also mentioned something about a battle. Was I going to battle dragons? Because that would be pretty cool, I guess.

I scratch the back of my head, setting Felix's letter on top of Mark's. I was still so confused. I couldn't stop reading them now, I must keep going. I pick up another letter and continue reading.