Chapter 5

Jack,

I know it's late, but I really want to talk to you. I'm sorry I wasn't here this morning. Felix forced me to get some sleep, but how could I sleep without the fear of closing my eyes only to realize you're gone. It's hard, Jack, it really is. Even though you are laying in front of me, I still miss you.

~Mark

••••••••••••••

I frown, putting it aside. It was a short letter no doubt, but it still didn't answer any of my questions. I pick up the next one. It was someone else's handwriting.

••••••••••••••

Hey,
Sorry I was late getting here, Jack. But I'm here now. And pretty soon, so will Bob and Wade. I'm trying to be the tough one as I sit here and speak to your unmoving body. Haha, me? The tough one? Isn't that Mark's line or something? Anyways dude, I'm gonna go. I have to get situated in the hotel. I'll see you later in the evening okay?

~Ken

•••••••••••••••

I shake my head. I was still very confused. Was there something in these letters that I was missing?

•••••••••••••••

Hi there Jack,

It's me, Bob. I am finally here in Ireland. It's a beautiful place without a doubt. I think you would enjoy the beautiful view that we all have from the room's window. I wish we didn't have to meet like this. I've always wanted to come to Ireland to see you, but under these circumstances, it's not as enjoyable.