Chapter 14

I remember. I remember everything now. From the conversations between Mark and I to the car accident. I remember everything and these memories were mine. Nobody was going to take them from me ever again.

What? No! This is impossible?! How'd you get the memory back?

It wasn't hard. Another voice says quietly. The thing from before appears in front of me. It narrows its dark yellow eyes.

Show yourself! It growls. A soft sigh drifts through the silence and the darkness. An exact copy of me appears right next to me. The only thing that was different was the bright green eyes. The shadowed thing's eyes widen. You... How are you still alive? I thought I killed you!!

You cannot kill what you did not create. The copy of me says, crossing his arms. I tried to say something but it was like my voice couldn't work. It was like I couldn't speak.

Bullshit I can't kill what I didn't create. I've done it plenty of times before so don't give me that crap.

You may have been able to kill other but you are not able to kill me.

What me you sorry excuse of a demon! It growls before lunging at me. The other guy who looked exactly like me raises his hand and the shadow figure instantly splits in half. I wince, feeling sick so I looked away. The last look that will remain frozen upon the shadows face was a look of surprise. It was terrifying.

Its eyes eventually rolled back into its head before falling on the ground. The copy of me examines the corpse carefully while I stayed back, unable to speak or move.

Huh... That was easier than I thought. The copy of me exclaims. The way it was making it sounds as if he was some top notch Alpha or something instead of a puny, pathetic demon. Hey, are you okay? Finally finding the strength to move, I nod my head slowly.

"W-who are you?" I stutter. The copy of me smiles a little bit.

Just think of me as some guardian angel who hides in the shadows of your mind. My name is not important right now, however you need to make a choice and you need to make it right now.

"O-okay, what are the choices?"

Live or die. And you better hurry cause your time is running out. I already had my answer.

"I want to live." I respond without hesitation. The copy nods.

Just remember, once you choose, you cannot go back on your decision.

"I want to live." I said firmly. The copy just nods, smiling.

I guess this is goodbye, Jack. I will see you again when it really is your time. I blink as he clapped and he disappeared. Another voice replaces the copy's voice.

"Well... I'm sorry, Mark, but I don't think he is waking up." The voice was faint but it grew louder by the second. My heart speeds up.

"Can't you just have faith. Please, Felix, I'm trying to enjoy my birthday as much as possible but this is the worst birthday ever."

I realize that I could move my lips. A small smile firms on my face as I muster out in the smallest whisper ever.

"Happy Birthday, ya big smelly." I heard Mark's voice catch.

"F-felix, d-did he?"

"I believe so Mark."

"Jack, Jack?" I smile another small smile, earning more gasps.

"I can't let you celebrate your birthday alone, Mark, now could I?" I whisper out, nearly it costs all of my energy to muster simple words. Mark let's out a happy sigh as I open my eyes for real this time.

[THE END]