Chapter 1

The birds whistle their happy tunes and the sun shines brightly in the sky. It was a peaceful and lively day. A day that was just like any other.

I let out a small sigh, sipping my coffee delightfully while scrolling through Twitter. Yes, I was seeing what my friends were up to but I was also looking for someone in particular; Markiplier.

Mark hasn't posted any videos in a couple of days. I've known him to be a little late on uploading or even skip a day or two but it's been almost a week, nobody has heard a word from him, not even me. I will admit, a small part of me was worried at the time, mostly I just shrugged it off. It was no big deal for the first two days but now it's a problem. Especially since his fans are bombarding me with questions, wanting to know where Mark was. Like I had any fucking clue.

No tweets from him except four days ago before he fell silent. I sigh, heading over to his YouTube channel. It was equally silent.

"God damn it Mark," I mutter under my breath, heading over to Kik.

Are you okay Mark? You've suddenly vanished without saying a word and I just want to know if you're okay or not. I sent it.

Oops, looks like Mark's phone has been off/disconnected for a while. We will deliver your message when they connect again.

I frown, setting my coffee cup down. That's odd, Mark always has his phone on and connected to the internet, so why was this message popping up? I switched over to Bob's Kik.

Jack
Do you know what's wrong/happened to Mark? It says his phone's been off for a while and I am getting really scared.

Bob
No, I was kinda hoping you would know or something.

My frown deepens. So not even Bob knows where Mark was or what had happened. If Mark's phone was disconnected then there wasn't any point in trying Skype, so that left me with YouTube or Twitter. Either or there were all not worth trying considering both accounts were dead silent.

A knock on my front door causing me to jump. Who in the hell would be here at this time? I grumble, swinging my door wide open.

A police officer stands in front of ms, wearing a look of sorrow on his face. I was surprised.

"Hello, how may I help you?" I ask politely. The officer sighs.

"Are you Seán McLoughlin?" He asks. I frown.

"Yes, sir, I am. Is there something wrong?"

"We've been told that you are really close friends with Mark Fischbach, widely known as Markiplier, am I correct?" My heart starts to beat a little quicker.

"Yes, that's correct. Is there something wrong?" I watch the officer scratch the back of his neck slowly.

"I'm sorry to tell you but your friend Mr. Fischbach was found dead today inside his house." My heart stops as I tried my best not to cry in front of this man.

"How was he killed?" I whisper out, feeling like I had been in a train wreck. I could barely breathe.

"We're not too sure yet on as to how he died. I want to know if you know of anyone who would want to try to kill him." I shake my head.

"No. I don't know anyone who would want to hurt Mark! He is...was... A nice person and an amazing friend!" The officer sighs.

"Alright, but if you happened to know anything, give me a call." He hands me a card. I take it, nod a silent goodbye and closed the door behind me. Once the door was closed, the tears begin.

Mark, my best friend, someone who was always there, always had my back, always made me laugh even in the darkest of times, was dead.