Chapter 3, Together & Pain

17 Year Old, Lucy's Pov, 

Today was my birthday. I was waiting for Natsu in the cave, staring at the lake watching the two white swans swimming together. I was trying to get a note out of my head.. A letter what was sent out to the people of my Kingdom.

Our King brings a condolence to all whose families suffered losses in Grand War versus sky monsters. We will never forget those who gave their lives for peace and prosperity of our Kingdom. To honor their memory, we'll continue fighting against our enemies.

Their sacrifice won't be in vain!

The King gives his word!

The King.... My father.... Gives his word to many things. It never made any of them true. We was losing this war. The last place of humans left was the castle and village around it. What was under my mothers barrier. I was scared but today for some reason I couldn't stop smiling. Just being around Natsu always made me smile. Even with the war on we met and spent time together. We never missed our meets. I soon heard flapping of wings. I turned my head to see Natsu coming into the cave. He gave me his toothy grin as he rushed over.

He soon pulled me into a tight hug. I hugged back knowing he must of been on the battlefield once again. I never asked about it. I didn't want to know. "I love you Lucee" Natsu whispered making me smile even more. "I love you too Natsu" I whispered back as he pulled away and kissed me. I kissed back, my arms going around his neck....

Meanwhile, 18 Year Old, Natsu's Pov, 

I hated this war. The only reason I had to fight was to finish it faster so I could be with my Lucy. My Lucee. Her sweet strawberry and vanilla scent drove me crazy. I would do anything to taste her soft lips. I hated the letters my father sent out to the people like the one I had gotten today.

...In our last fight against human spawn in Witch's Valley, our fores won a resounding victory! So let's celebrate it and honour killed in battle of companions by the fire Volleys of our tribe. We'll continue pursuing our victorious march and won't give people any chance to prevail.

I'm telling you about that, I'm you King!

I hated him. I hated how he started this war. Lucy and I fell onto the soft grass as I laid on top of Lucy. She was blushing a little as I then started to kiss down her neck making her release a soft moan....

 She was blushing a little as I then started to kiss down her neck making her release a soft moan

Meanwhile, Layla Heartfilla's Pov, 

Two hundred dragons lined up along the perimeter of the barrier, which had guarded the Kingdom for several centuries. I was scared that my daughter was no longer home. I felt better that she wasn't here also. That she didn't have to see this. "Lady Layla we can't get men to get Princess Lucy" Knight Loke informed me as I nodded. She was at Fireflies Caves. She had to be safe. There was no chance they would go there. Soon they started to attack the barrier. My powers were too weak. I couldn't hold it up anymore.

I fell backwards onto the ground out of breath as the barrier was broken. Our knights started to clash with the dragons. "Lady Layla" Loke nearly shouted helping me stand. "Loke promise when you find my daughter you will keep her safe" I begged my tears building up as he nodded, looking at me worried. I had to try and rebuild the shield. I had no choice in the matter at all.....

A Little Later, Lucy's Pov, 

I was putting my dress back on as Natsu had to return to his fathers side. He didn't want to go and looked upset. As I finished getting changed I headed back home. I was humming smiling as my face dropped seeing my home in flames. I rushed back, running toward the castle. "MOTHER! FATHER!" I started screaming seeing people running around screaming in fear. I soon ran into my father as I saw dragons still attacking. "FATHER" I rushed over as he put his hands on my shoulders. He smiled at me a little and then he showed worry and upset.

"WHERE THE EARTH IS YOUR MOTHER, SHE WENT LOOKING FOR YOU" Father then screamed worried and upset. It shook the earth scaring me. Soon there was a scream. My eyes widen as I turned around to see my mother falling to the ground, blood coming out her mouth and gut. "MOTHER" I shouted, my voice cracking also. I then saw Natsu walking away from her dead body, no emotion in his face. I was shaking. H-he just murdered my mother.... E-even after what we..... D-did he use me.... Soon the shy started glowing around me making everyone look at me.

Even Natsu. Soon an golden key showed up in front of me. I reached up taking it. Tears streaming down my face. "M-mother" I whispered knowing unlocking this key would unlock my full power. Natsu's eyes widen a little as he saw me, dragons flying above in. "LEAVE MY PEOPLE ALONE" I screamed a light glow blasted off me, kicking all dragons out of my Kingdom, the barrier moved up as I saw Natsu reaching out to me. Screaming something but I couldn't hear him... I didn't want to...... After building the shield once again I started to fell to my side.... 

I felt weak.... My heart had broken twice that day....

No One's Pov, 

After that the war ended but people still threatened each other with war. Lucy and Natsu never saw each other again making the feathers of swans completely blacken. King Jude Heartfilla died in year 775 the day after his funeral Queen Lucy Heartfilla was crowned making the barrier around her Kingdom even stronger. In the year 776 another war between Dragons and Humans broke out. The night between the 21st and the 22nd of November the King of Dragons passed after his funeral, King Natsu Dragneel was crowned King....

 The night between the 21st and the 22nd of November the King of Dragons passed after his funeral, King Natsu Dragneel was crowned King