Part 1

I knew what I was doing was risky and stupid, but I felt at this time that I had no other choice. Frank and the guys were living their own lives and now I had to live mine. I bought the first plane ticket back home and when I got there I had to tell my mom what I planned on doing. She was reluctant at first, but eventually she let me go.

I flew to Los Angeles, California two days later never to look back. The moment I got there I found myself walking into every apartment building that had a loft or any kind of room for rent. Within time I found exactly what I was looking for. The moment I saw it I knew it was for me. There was one bedroom with a bathroom to the right of it. There was a door leading into a big closet right as you walked in the front entrance and just around the corner was the medium sided kitchen with a bar counter looking out into the living room. In was tiny, but it worked for me. I really didn't need all that much.

The first night in my new home was the scariest. I second-guessed myself and I almost left a few times. I knew that I was going to have to find a job to pay for the $800 rent each month, plus utilities, so within the first few weeks of being in LA I found a job. I didn't like my job of course, but in that small bar that had been converted into a used bookstore and coffee shop was where I met Jason, or Jay for short.

He was cold and distant for the first couple of weeks I knew him. He didn't talk to me very much, but we both seemed to have a very strong disliking to every customer that walked in the door. The minute he made the first sarcastic joke about something I knew we were going to be friends.

I can't remember when it happened and honestly I didn't want to remember, but one night I got a call from Gerard. I hadn't pick it up of course, but the message he left was so hateful and cruel that I couldn't help but break down and tell the only person I knew in this city what had happened in my past.

Jason listened and did nothing else. That's all I wanted him to do. I told him about how I moved from California to begin with and started a new life in New Jersey. I told him how I met Frank and the rest of the guys and I told him how they became the now very well known band, My Chemical Romance.

Jay had become like my best friend just within a few weeks of him warming up to me, but there was guilt and unhappiness when I thought about it sometimes. I felt like I had replaced Gerard so quickly, but I knew it was something that had to be done. I had to leave those five boys behind me and never look back, no matter how much I wanted to.

***

A/N: There you have it! First chapter that is more like a prologue, but that's okay. This is the last book to the Running Like Forever series, so I hope you all enjoy it!