C. 13

JASON POV:

"You disgust me!"

"You are insane!"

I groaned loudly, squeezing my eyes shut as I tried to forget her words. She was so scared. Of me. God knows how bad I didn't want her to find out about me. Who I am. What I do. Especially not the way she did last night. I sighed as memories from last night continuously flowed into my mind. She got hurt because of me. Dammit, if she would have just left when I told her to, this wouldn't be a fucking problem. She wouldn't have found out about what I do for a damn living if she would have just left when I told her to.

Turning off the water to the shower, I opened my shower door and stepped out. I wrapped a towel around my waist and walked out the bathroom. As I started to change into my clothes for the day, I started to wonder what she was doing right now. Was she still asleep? Was she awake, traumatized from last night? I knew she didn't want to be around me anymore last night, let alone even look at me. So I let her sleep in my guest room. There was no way I could let her go home last night. I had to talk to her and make sure she wouldn't tell anyone about what I did. What I do.

As I made my way out of my room and down the hall, I passed Dom.

"Gonna go check up on your girlfriend?" He snorted.

I let out a deep breath through my nose as I tried my best to stay calm. I turned around to see a dumb smirk on his face. I took a step towards him, staring at him as I watched his face fill with confusion. That's when I swung my fist and shot him in the cheekbone, making him fall to the ground.

"She's not my girlfriend." I mumbled then turned around and continued down the hall.

After I made it to the guest room, I put my ear to the door to see if Ariella was awake. I gave the door a small knock and surprisingly I heard a silent 'come in'.

I slowly opened the door and stepped in to find her sitting on the edge of the bed. The bed was made, almost as if she never laid in it. She was dressed in the clothes I told Rico to give her so she can shower last night. I watched as she picked her head up to look at me and I saw her face. She had bags underneath her red eyes, causing my heart to drop.

"You didn't sleep, did you?" I sadly spoke, taking a step closer to her. She shook her head.

I sighed softly and walked closer to her, causing her to look back down at her lap. I kneeled down in front of her, placing my hands on her knees as I looked up at her.

"Why?" She looked so tired. So sad. It hurt me to see her like this. She stayed silent for a minute longer then finally spoke up.

"I want to go home." Her voice cracked.

I looked into her eyes and watched as they became glossy. I shook my head slowly as she shut her eyes closed, taking in a deep breath.

"Am I stuck here? Will I be able to see my family ever again?" I watched as a tear rolled down her cheek.

"Of course you'll see your family again." I stood up and sat next to her on the bed. "There's just a few things we have to talk about before you go back home, Ari."

"I won't tell anyone anything. I promise you I won't. Just please, take me home." She started to cry.

I watched as she cry. It broke me. I just wanted to hold her but I knew I couldn't. She was scared of me.  I looked down at her hand on her lap. I placed my hand on top of hers, causing her to switch her attention over to me. Using my other hand to wipe her tears, I stared into her eyes and whispered.

"I need you to know, that I will never hurt you. I know what you saw last night and I know you're scared. But please, don't be scared of me. I could never hurt you even if my life depended on it."

ARIANA POV:

I studied Jason's eyes as he spoke his sweet words to me. Why was he being so nice to me? I don't understand this at all. First he beats up some guy at the club for me. Then he shows up in my room multiple times, which I had no idea how he knew where I lived. He runs after a guy for me. But then he blows up a house, excuse me, mansion. And now I'm sitting here in his house. Yet I still don't know a single thing about him except his name and the fact that he kills people. I stood awake the entire night, thinking about this stuff over and over again and I still need more time to think. He seemed to hold such desire for me yet he didn't know me either.

"Let's go." He broke me from my thoughts and stood up in front of me.

I looked up at him in confusion.

"You said you wanted to go home, right?" He raised his eyebrows and I nodded my head. I looked down at his hand held out for me. I gently took it as he helped me up. He gave me slight smile and we walked out of the room.

...

We sat in silence in front of my house. I sighed quietly knowing I was going to hear my mom's mouth about not coming home yesterday. I looked over at Jason. He seemed sad. Well sort of, I couldn't tell since he was staring at the steering wheel. It was starting to come to me how caring he was. Almost like he really didn't want me to find out about what he did. I didn't know who he was or what he really did in his life, but I can tell he was actually trying for me.

"So," I broke the silence and he finally looked at me, "When will I see you again?"

He smiled.