C. 06

After what seemed like forever, I finally caught up to Jason. He freaking ran like a track star. I'm surprised he actually even caught him. When he did, he tackled him to the ground. A couple of people were staring but of course, Jason couldn't care less.

"Jesus, Jason. I could've just gotten a new phone."

"How about a thank you?" He narrowed his eyes at me, literally throwing my phone at me. Luckily I caught it.

"Hey, no one told you that you had to run after this guy. I ju-"

"You were the one who said the damn guy took your phone!" He yelled, "So the least I can get is a fucking thank you."

I was taken back. Did he just yell at me?

I nodded my head slowly, "Thank you." I mumbled.

He let out a deep sigh. The guy was long gone and I'm pretty sure he was off to steal someone else's phone. I turned around and started to walk away.

"So that's it?"

I stopped in my tracks and turned around to see Jason. Seriously? Why can't he just leave me alone already.

"It's Sunday, Jason. I need to get home and study. It's finals week and I have to focus."

"Oh, well, I can help you. I'm good a-"

"Stop." I cut him off.

He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

"God, I don't even know you. All I know is your name is Jason and you're the super hot guy from the club who beat up a guy for me and constantly won't leave me alone."

"You think I'm hot?" He smirked.

Jesus Christ, did he not just listen to anything I just said?

"Alright, so, how about this," He stepped closer to me, "We go to your house, I'll help you study, and after that we can just chill and talk. I swear I won't try anything."

"And how do I know you won't?"

"Because if I did want to," He took another step, "I definitely would've done something to you the night you were in that towel."

Damn, that's right. He has a point.

"Fine. I'm trusting you in my house you freaking weirdo." I sighed quietly, causing him to smile. I smiled back at him, actually not meaning to. Though I did. I just smiled at him.

...

"Noo!" I laughed and shook my head, "It's pronounced Deh-mock-ruh-see."

"Whatever," He shrugged his shoulders, "In my head it's deh-muh-krah-see."

"That's because you're dumb." I mumbled under my breath so he couldn't hear me. We were sitting on my bed with literally papers surrounding us like an army. I was sitting indian style and he sat in front of me.

"I'm sorry, what? Wanna say that louder?" He cupped his ear, leaning in closer to me.

"I said," I closed my US History book and leaned closer to him, "That's because you're dumb."

"Oh, right." He nodded his head slowly before he attacked me.

"Jason, what the hell, get off of me!"

"Nope." He pinned me down against the bed then started to tickle at my sides viciously.

"Stop!" I started to break out in a fit of giggles. I tried to pry his fingers off my sides but they were too busy stabbing me. God, he was too strong for me.

"Take it back!" He yelled over my giggles.

I shook my head rapidly and I guess that was his cue to start tickling at my sides even more.

I continued to laugh loudly and tried to push his hands away. I could feel  my sides start to hurt and I frowned at him. He really won't stop.

"Alright, alright, fine. I take it back, now stop!" I yelled at him, wiggling my body.

He chuckled down at me and noticed my frown. Finally, he stopped tickling my sides, causing a breath of relief to slip from my mouth.

"Thank you." I spoke out breathlessly.

He nodded his head and kept his eyes on mine.

There was something about his eyes that made me want to never look away. They were like a chestnut brown and an even lighter brown hugged his pupil.

"Yanno, you're really beautiful." A soft voice spoke. I watched his eyes as they traveled along my face then stopped at my lips. I slid my tongue across my bottom lip, his eyes switching back to mine.

"Thank you." I whispered.

We continued to stare into each others eyes, studying the features. I could feel his breath hitting my lips, causing them to become warm. He slowly started to lean down, his eyes flickering from my lips to my eyes. I wanted to kiss him. Almost too much. His lips started to brush against mine before I quickly pressed my hands to his chest and pushed him off of me. I immediately sat up and turned my back towards him. "I think you should go."

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to, I didn't know-"

"Just," I stopped him. "Go."

I heard him sigh followed by the sound of papers moving. His heels hit the ground as he walked over to his shoes and slipped them on.

"Ariella!"

Oh crap.

I heard footsteps coming down the hall and the sound of a little boy. My mom must be home.

I quickly looked over at Jason and saw him frozen. I jumped up and ran over to him then pushed him towards my closet.

"Stop pushing me." He groaned.

"Shut up and stay put." I whispered and pushed him in my closet. I quickly shut the door then stood in front of it as my room door slammed open.

"Hey, nerd. Mom wants you to come downstairs. We brought Chinese." Jayden skipped over to me.

"Alright, I'll be down in a second." I nodded my head, ruffling his hair.

"Hey," He frowned, "I'm gonna tell Mom. Moooom!" He yelled as he ran out of my room.

I rolled my eyes as I walked over to my room door and shut it.

"You can come out now."

I looked over at the closet and watched as Jason slowly came out. He walked over to me then placed his hands on my hips, making my eyebrows furrow.

"When will I see you again?" he questioned.

My heart fluttered at his words. Why is he being so sweet to me?

"Ariella!" My mom yelled.

I shook my head and turned the knob to my door, "I don't know, Jason, but you have to go. I'm sure I'll see you soon."

I weakly smiled before walking out of my room. I know I shouldn't have left him in my room alone but honestly, my mom would've killed me if I made her wait another second.

I jogged down the stairs and into the kitchen, finding my mom serving food on three separate plates.

She turned to me with a smile on her face. "You hungry?"