C. 09

ARIELLA POV;

It's been five days since I've seen Jason. I don't miss him but it feels weird not seeing him pop up in my room. Some nights I thought I'd wake up to find him sitting at the edge of my bed. Or standing by my window. Or laying right beside me. But to my surprise, I never did.

Today was Friday and I had finished all of my exams. It was the last day of school. I only had one last thing to do.

"Ariella?" I looked up at my teacher. "Your presentation for your last semester grade please."

I nodded my head as I grabbed my index cards and walked up to the front of the class. Before you start to wonder, no, I was not nervous. It was Junior year and I was used to talking in front of the whole class.

I reached into my pocket and grabbed my flash drive. I popped off the top and plugged the flash drive into the teacher's laptop.

"Alright, so-"

"Um, Ariella." The teacher spoke and I looked at her in confusion. She pointed at the board behind me where the screen was being projected. Numbers. There was numbers everywhere. Multiplying and multiplying. I started to hear small laughs in the class and that's when I started to get nervous.

"I um-" I started to freak out and went over to her laptop, starting to click on buttons to try to fix it.

"Is this supposed to be some joke?"

"No, Ma'am, I just- I don't- I don't know what happened it was all here and-"

"I'm very disappointed, Ariella." Ms. Luniz shook her head as she walked up to me. She unplugged my flash drive and handed it to me.

"D+. Only because you and your index cards are present."

I sighed quietly and walked back to my seat.

I really don't know what happened. I stood up late last week to get this presentation done. It was perfect and I was certain to get an A.

...

"What the- she just gave you a D?"

"D+." I mumbled.

"That's not right. I should go and kick her brown skirt, green shirt, don't know how to dress, ass." Jordan rolled his eyes, causing me to laugh.

We walked up to my locker and I finished grabbing the last of my belongings. A couple of papers, my mini mirror, advil, and extra spare of clothes. I stuffed all of the items into my book bag and looked at my locker one last time.

"This is it old guy. It was nice interacting with you." I shut my locker closed and patted it, making Jordan laugh.

"Okay, you weirdo," He turned to me and frowned, "I guess this is it." He started to fake cry and hugged me tightly.

"Oh my God, Jordan. You act like I'm not gonna see you during the summer." I laughed. He pulled away and wiped away his imaginary tears.

"Alright, you take care of yourself, honey." He kissed the top of my head, gave me a nod, then turned around and walked way. Well if that wasn't dramatic, then I don't know what is.

As I started to walk out of the school building and to the school parking lot, I pulled my keys out of my bag.

"Ariella, wait up!"

I turned around to find Beverly running up to me.

"Oh hey, Bev. What's up?"

"Hey, so, there's gonna be an open block party on 50th street and it's in this big mansion. We have to go, Ari." She smiled at me, slightly out of breath. I chuckled at her.

"Hmm, sure. Good way to start of our summer, right?" I nudged her, making a laugh escape her mouth.

"You know it. I'll see you then, alright? Love you!" She quickly yelled to me as she ran back into the school.

Someone seems to be in a rush. I shrugged it off and walked over to my car. Let's see if this party will be a successful party. Unlike the night of the club. Hopefully I don't meet another Andrew. Or Jason, at that.