The Court Case

After we went to the school and spoke to the principal we went straight to the police station to give an official statement on what happened last night, technically we both are in the wrong but I only did it because he was hurting my arm and pulling me towards him and I wanted it to stop.

The police said "you hit him?" I nodded "only because he was bruising my arm" I showed them my arm and I think they finally believed me "did he undress you?" They asked I was very uncomfortable "yes he started to but when I resisted he would tighten the grip on my arm" I admitted they were whispering "do you think she is lying?" But one of them said "no look at her bruises and everything she is saying is being proved" "excuse me" Julie interrupted them, they looked ashamed but kept asking the questions "did he threaten you?" They asked "no" I replied they looked back and forth for a bit and then asked "where did he hit you?" I took a deep breath and replied "he hit my face and grabbed my arm" they were shocked "any where else?" I shook my head they talked with Julie for a bit and then released me "we will let you know if there is any further information" they said.

We were called about a day later with a court date and the information that they will take us to court for assault, but Julie is prosecuting him for attempt of sexual assault, and 1st degree assault. Rebekah kept calling me saying that I am pathetic and that I was hiding behind my lawyer cousin, and that we had no reason to prosecute Dave when we had every right. Julie kept treating me like a fragile child, but Janie kept asking "why did he hurt you? Is he going to jail? When is he going to jail?" I couldn't answer any of the questions and all I say is "I don't know why" and I feel really bad for being so mean but I can't help it everyone is saying that I tried it on with him and he rejected me so I made up this story, when I hadn't done any of that.

It came to the point where the court case was coming up and I was so nervous because Julie was getting me prepared for the lies the opposition will spin to try and win the case but Julie wouldn't let them do it. She told me they will properly bring up the rumors and maybe even bring Rebekah up to testify on how much I wanted him when I didn't. 

It was the day of the trial and I was having a minor panic attack because I woke up to a window full of eggs and signs saying "Whore, Liar" and many more insulting terms. I ran down stairs and told Julie she was disgusted by all of it, We started getting ready for the trial and Julie asked "are you okay?" I nodded and smiled "I will be fine" I replied, we got into the car and headed off to court. We entered the court house and I instantaneously saw Dave and Rebekah who were both looking me up and down with a dirty look. We walking in the room and talked to my lawyer I was going to testify, which will hopefully help our case.

The trial started and the judge entered the room, she was tall and had dark brown hair. The case's started with Dave's lawyer and the first witness was Rebekah, "excuse me ms Matthews, do you know this young lady?" he said as he pointed to me "yes I do" Rebekah replied "who is she towards you?" he asked she looked at me and replied "she used to be my best friend but then she assaulted my brother" the judge asked her to stop right now, Dave's lawyer had no further questions so it was my lawyer Debbie's turn. "so ms Matthews, you were friends with my client?" Debbie asked, Rebekah nodded "yes I was" she replied, "is it true that you asked her to go out with her brother to get him to stop harassing you?" Debbie asked, Rebekah looked guilty "yes but" she replied "no but's" Debbie insisted, "so when your brother stopped harassing you did you tell her she could stop dating him?" Debbie asked she had to repeat this twice "yes but she didn't" Rebekah replied "no but's ms Matthews" Debbie reminded her "no further questions your honor" Debbie stated. "That's it for today we will proceed tomorrow." The judge instructed first day down 2 more to go.