Not so Empty Threats

We woke up in the morning and Rebekah started worrying about how Zeke threatened us, "maybe we should call the cops" she stated, I looked at her "we told Julie and we can tell your parents to, plus Zeke still doesn't know where I live so if you are scared just come and stay here okay, we will be fine" I reassured her, she smiled and nodded but I could still tell she was doubting it.

We went down stairs "have you gotten any threats from that boy who was terrible towards you Rebekah?" Julie asked, Rebekah shook her head and replied "no I haven't, and I don't think Em has either, but thanks for asking", Julie looked at me and did a fake smile showing shock in her face that Rebekah was so calm. Rebekah went and got dressed for school and Julie asked me "is she okay?" I nodded "she is fine maybe a little in denial, but that will change and I will help her through it" I replied.

We went to school and the same thing was happening the teachers were telling us to leave class to try and prevent other students from getting riled up, but at this point we were okay with it and were thinking of our own learning and acing every subject. Rebekah seemed on edge and still really worried about the Zeke thing but I was trying to keep her calm about the whole situation. At lunch time we went to the cafeteria and we saw some girl talking to Zeke and as soon as he saw us, we could hear him say to the girl "those girls over there are crazy" the girl looked at us "of course they are, did you hear the one with black hair sent someone to prison for trying to get intimate and hitting her which is so fake, she is such a drama queen" she said, I heard what she said and I went up to her "were you there, oh i'm so sorry I didn't realize you were there, oh wait you weren't so if I were you I would shut your mouth because you don't know anything" I said without raising my voice, her jaw dropped and her face said everything she was shocked, we walked away and Rebekah started cracking up laughing.

We started hearing about all of the gossip to do with what happened in the cafeteria, but honestly I don't care what people think about me and the only reason I said those things were because it was just one of those day's where I was just in a mood, but I still stand by what I said even if it caused to much drama. I texted Julie telling her about what happened just to get her opinion and what she thinks I should do. Rebekah kept telling me "just ignore it, eventually it will go away" and I was doing my best and it was a lot easier not being in class. Except everyone was posting different things on social media to try and intimidate me but honestly I really don't care.

Rebekah had finally calmed down about the whole Zeke conversation and was focusing on how to get me out of the spotlight but I was still cautious about what he meant by watch your back, I had my suspicions about him from the start, but adding in the fact that the girl who was bad mouthing me right in front of us was talking to Zeke, I mean it is just really suspicious, but I wasn't going to tell Rebekah about my hunch just in case she started to freak out, because the last thing I want is for Rebekah to get freaked out and stop thinking rationally. This finally started to make sense his threats weren't so empty after all.