Chapter 1

Renesmee Parker, a senior in high school, an extraordinary person, fiercely protective of the people she loves and a brilliant student, but an outcast due to her shy and rebellious nature. Her parents left her when she was three, in the care of her young uncle and aunt, who were then only eighteen. Her father was a scientist, who disappeared with his wife with secrets to a research Renesmee knows nothing about. Although she knows she was abandoned, she is content with her life with her uncle and aunt who are more like friends as they are just fifteen years older than she is. She has accepted the absence of her parents, even if she is not exactly okay with the fact that she was abandoned by her parents all those years ago. Nessie is a straight-A student and tries to stay out of trouble…most of the time. She is a constant target for bullying by the mean girls of her school. Renesmee secretly harbors a crush on Xavier Hale, for the past four years, who is the school’s hottest guy. Blessed with both killer looks and brains, he is the envy of a lot of guys in school and the love of most of the girls.

On a regular Friday afternoon at school, Renesmee is looking forward to a relaxing weekend. While walking towards her bike, Renesmee sees Brianna, the school’s ‘It’ girl and her posse picking on some geeky freshman. Renesmee walks over to Brianna, wanting to stop the altercation before it got any worse.

“Brianna, leave her alone. I’m pretty sure you have something better to do with your time, considering you almost failed the warm up SAT’s,” smirks Renesmee, her voice calm but final, enjoyment lingering in her eyes.

“Oh yeah? What are you going to do about it though?” challenges Brianna, shoving Renesmee’s shoulders.

“You really want to know?” counters Renesmee, shrugging Brianna off and taking a few imposing steps towards her.

One of the girls with Brianna notices this and deftly puts her foot in Renesmee’s way, causing her to trip before she reached Brianna, who was foolishly taking up the redhead’s challenge.

Renesmee’s caught off guard and tumbles on the ground, as Brianna grabs Renesmee’s bag, dumping the contents all over the ground, revealing a bunch of sketches among other things. Brianna laughs and picks up some of the sketches, smirking at them before crumpling them.

“Your little crush is sadly pathetic and humiliating now, Parker,” teases Brianna and walks away with her posse, dumping the sketches into the garbage can.

Renesmee looks at Brianna’s retreating with pure annoyance, giving a forlorn look at her ruined sketches. She sighs and starts gathering her stuff. Out of nowhere, a strong, tanned arm appears and helps Renesmee to her feet. She looks up and melts into the coral green eyes of Xavier Hale.

COMMENT, VOTE AND SHARE!