Chapter 12

Renesmee shivered when the cool air hit her face, freezing every inch, while she speeds through the lanes and hits the main road. In her anger and haste, she forgot her helmet at home, and now she was sure she was going to die of a horrible cold, on top of all the things she was dealing with. She shook it off, mentally telling herself to man up. She took a deep breath, trying to calm her nerves, which felt like they were going to explode at the littlest trigger. She had absolutely no idea why she was feeling the way she was feeling and acting out the way she was acting out but she had a sinking feeling it had something to do with her visit to Oscorp yesterday. She had to piece whatever she did yesterday and figure out what was wrong with her, and more importantly, fix it. She sighed….even though he wasn’t here, something related to her father just had to come and screw her life up.

Renesmee winced internally when she thought about what had just happened. For the second time in one day, she had let her family down. What hurt most was that she had sworn to herself, and to someone important, that she would never hurt her Aunt and Uncle again, no matter what happened.

---

“You cannot keep disappointing them Renesmee!” the blonde yelled and Renesmee flinched. Her best friend, never called her by her full name, no matter what happened.

“I didn’t do it purposely!”

“I know you didn’t do it purposely, but you didn’t try not to do it either! I was there!”

“It happened because of you!”

“Don’t you dare put this one on me! Again! This isn’t my fault!”

“She was insulting you! You can’t expect me to just stand around and freaking tolerate it!”

“She told me my scarf was too ‘last season’. That doesn’t qualify as an insult!”

Renesmee faltered. Listening to it out loud did make it sound highly trivial, but she tried to ignore. Renesmee Parker was the last person on earth who would swallow her pride and admit to her mistake, or should she say mistakes.

“I wasn’t actually going to do anything to her! I wouldn’t have said more than a few words. But her boyfriend just came out of nowhere, got all close and personal and defensive, for no reason, trying to intimidate you, but he just looked like a squirrel”

“A squirrel? Renesmee, he’s the quarterback. I’m sure he weighs ten times more than the two of us combined. And it’s all muscle. And you just went and punched him in the face. Thrice.”

“He thought the world revolved around him! It was a good punch back to reality! He should actually be thankful! I could have done to him what I did to the three guys last month, but lucky for him, I didn’t” says Renesmee, a cocky smirk on her face. The blonde looks at her in disbelief, her jaw dropping at the casual reference. Her eyes flashed and she walked closer to Renesmee and slapped her right across the face. Hard.

“Ow! What the hell was that for?” yells Renesmee, swatting her best friend’s hand away, rubbing her throbbing cheek.

“That, my friend, was a slap back into reality”

“I hate you”

“I love you too”

“So damn annoying,” mutters Renesmee, a scowl on her face when she looks at the blonde’s satisfied grin.

“Nessie, I’m serious,” she says softly, “Aunt May and Uncle Ben got a ton of shock with the incident last month. That was serious and you know it. This was your first week back in school after your suspension and you got called to the principal’s office again. For ‘assault’ nonetheless. You have to get a grip. I know you don’t have anger issues or anything like that, because you only snap if anyone says something about someone that means something to you. You have to promise me you won’t lose it like that, ever. You promise me that you’ll never scare or hurt your family like that ever again. If you ever feel agitated, you count to ten. Or you look at me. Or you think of Xavier” Renesmee smiles at her friend’s suggestion and opens her mouth to say something but is interrupted, as usual, “I know you haven’t seen him in a while, but rumor has it that he’s transferring to our school. Then you can ogle at him all you want. But you have to promise me this, and if you ever need to talk about something, of course, I’ll always be here”

“Promise”

---

“You didn’t keep your promise,” Renesmee thought to herself, sighing when she thought about her friend. If only she was here now. The red head screeches to a stop in front of her destination, an old fashioned breakfast joint, on the opposite side of town. There was no way her Aunt or Uncle would think of looking for here over here. She smiles softly at the familiar surroundings. The private school with the huge lawns. The small bookshop and music store squashed together. The little children playing in the nearby park. She hasn’t been here since everything with her best friend, since Xavier came to her school, there was no reason to do so anymore.

Renesmee entered the café, breathing in the aroma of coffee and eggs mixed with waffles, her stomach growling simultaneously, reminding her how ravenous she actually was. She took a seat at a booth in the far end of the café, next to a window, but away from the rest of the people. She quickly gave her order, ignoring the funny look she got from the waitress at the amount of food she ordered just for herself.  She observed the various people outside till her food came, smiling at the waitress and digging in immediately. Renesmee hummed in appreciation, as the food literally melted in her mouth. She looked up to take a sip from her coffee, and almost spit her food out when she saw familiar green eyes staring at her in amusement.

“Hey Ness,” smiles Xavier, and Renesmee quickly swallows her food.

“Holy crap! You’re like a stalker,” says Renesmee, blushing when she realizes what she just said, “You know you can’t just scare people like that”

“I’ll remember that piece of advice. What are you doing here?” asks Xavier, his face adorably confused.

“Eating?” says Renesmee, gesturing to her food.

“I realize that, but this is like millions of miles away from your house”

“Over dramatic”

“It’s a specialty,” smirks Xavier, “But you didn’t answer my question.”

“I needed a break. You?”

“Same. My dad’s home so it gets a little annoying. But I am surprised you’re here. I would have expected family breakfast with your Aunt and Uncle on Sundays. Everything okay?”

“Just amazing,” reassures Renesmee.

“You actually expect me to believe that?”

So perceptive…..

“I do, because it’s the truth. You’re here alone?”

“Totally. Where did you vanish to yesterday?” Xavier asks, dropping the previous topic.

“Aunt May needed me to come home for some work, so I had to go”

“That makes sense…..except you’re lying,” says Xavier, his eyes staring into Renesmee.

So damn perceptive!

“I’m not lying!”

“Okay. You’re not telling the truth then.”

“Xavier, I’m going now,” says Renesmee, getting up, throwing a few twenties on the table and slowly walking away.

One….Two…..Three

“Ness, wait, I’m sorry,” says Xavier, hot on her heels, causing Renesmee to smirk, satisfied and cocky.

Score.

--

Written & Uploaded for another birthday!

The beautiful birthday girl on the side >>>>>>

Happy Birthday Heather Morris! :)

COMMENT, VOTE, SHARE AND FOLLOW!