Chapter 13

“Ness, wait, I’m sorry,” says Xavier, hot on her heels, causing Renesmee to smirk, satisfied and cocky.

Score.

---

“What do you want Xavier?” questions Renesmee, one eyebrow perfectly raised.

“I’m sorry for prying! Your business is your business and I’m sorry for interfering with it,” apologizes Xavier, green eyes sincere and pleading. Renesmee can’t help but internally smirk at Xavier’s desperation for forgiveness.

“All right, you’re forgiven. Make sure you don’t do it again,” instructs the red-head with mock seriousness.

Xavier nods profusely, taking Renesmee’s words in with complete seriousness, causing the latter to burst out laughing.

“You’re so gullible!” laughs Renesmee, “It’s cute!”

“Excuse me? Did you just call me cute?”

“Totally, like a little kitty”

“I prefer hot or sexy or something like that you know,” smirks Xavier, “I mean, look at this!” he reasons, gesturing to his body.

“Yeah, you keep telling yourself that,” says Renesmee, patting his shoulder but looking sideways to hide her blush. It wasn’t like she didn’t agree with him.

“Wait….a kitty? How do you picture a kitty as me?” wonders Xavier, his nose scrunched up in disdain, “You could have at least said cat…..and did the word ‘kitty’ come out of Renesmee Parker’s mouth? Aren’t you badass?”

“Hey! I’m badass alright!” protests Renesmee, smacking Xavier’s chest.

“Ouch, I’m hurt,” whines Xavier, dramatically holding his chest. Renesmee can’t help but laugh and shakes her head at his silly behavior. Who knew quiet quarterback Xavier Hale was such a drama queen.

“Xavier, can I go now?” asks Renesmee, realizing that they had been standing outside the diner for ten minutes, making no sign of going in or leaving. They looked pretty idiotic standing in the middle of the way really.

“Nope, not a chance. I shoved my pride aside and apologized to you, so you owe me,” declares Xavier.

“Well, what would you like me to do then?” asks Renesmee, amused.

“I would have asked you to come for breakfast with me, but I’ve already eaten. But you must be hungry right? You didn’t finish breakfast, did you?”

Renesmee shakes her head, not sure why Xavier was asking her that question.

“Perfect!”

“How the hell is it perfect that you didn’t let me eat my breakfast in peace?”

“It’s perfect, because I’m going to take you to a little café, which serves the world’s best cinnamon buns and smoothies! Please say yes!” begs Xavier with childlike enthusiasm.

“Okay, settle down there Hale. I’ll come with you,” smirks Renesmee.

“Awesome! Let’s go,” says Xavier, interlocking their arms and pulling the red-head along with him.

“Wait,” halts Renesmee, pulling Xavier to a sudden stop as well,” I’m not walking, no matter how close it is”

“Oh, come on! Don’t be lazy! It’s barely a fifteen minute walk and it’s quiet here. People don’t come to this side of town often”

“Nope. We’ll go on my bike. How did you get here anyway?”

“I walked”

“You walked?” repeats Renesmee in shock, her jaw dropping.