Chapter 9

Renesmee releases another frustrated sigh at the unmoving thief in front of her, and finally decides to say something.

“Give it back, and no one will get hurt,” says Renesmee, her voice sufficiently menacing and serious, but with the kind of crowd surrounding her, she wasn’t sure whether it would make a difference. As she expected, the few people around her laugh, even the grim thief cracking a smile.

“Or what? You definitely can’t do anything. I mean, look at you!” smirks the thief, causing another round of laughter.

“You don’t want to see what I can do”

“Show me”

Renesmee clenches her jaw, losing her patience with each passing second. She knew that if it came to a fight, she would probably lose, but anger and adrenaline were on her side today.

“I draw a line for myself at a particular point. Fighting with a disgusting, worthless creature like you goes a hundred, thousand miles past that line,” Renesmee says, her eyes transfixed at the thief.

“You did not just say that,” the thief seethes, his voice laced with venom, as the murmuring of the people surrounding them quiets down considerably.

“I did though”

The thief’s face contorts in anger and rage, Renesmee’s backpack slipping through his fingers and falling to the ground with a gentle thud. He walks slowly, menacingly, towards Renesmee, his fists clenched at his side. Renesmee notices this and braces herself. This wasn’t the first time she had gotten into a fight, but it was certainly the first time she was in such a dangerous fight. She balls up her fists, immediately taking up the stance that Uncle Ben had drilled into her head seven years ago.

The thief pulls his hand back, ready to connect with Renesmee’s face, but she deftly dodges him, grabbing his arm and pulling it around his neck, effectively grabbing him in a chokehold. From whenever she has used this move before, the victim usually stops fighting against her, but never, ever actually loses consciousness. Surprisingly though, this time, the thief immediately goes still in her hold, not even breathing. Renesmee gasps and let goes, and the man falls to the ground with a bang. Renesmee’s eyes widen when she notices the visible bruising around his neck, but sighs in relief when she notices his that his chest starts heaving up and down, desperate for oxygen. What she notices a few moments later, is the dirty looks she is getting from the people surrounding her.

“Get her” one dark-haired guy tells two blondes, and Renesmee immediately senses the partnership between the thief and these guys. She tenses when she sees the blondes coming towards her. One of them tries to punch her again but she grabs his hand in defense, and in the process he goes flying into a nearby dumpster, shocking the other blonde. Renesmee looks at the guy moaning in pain against the metal, his eyes barely open and she feels her heart stopping. She knew that she was stronger than most people her size or her age, but this was…..inhumanly strong, is the only thing she could decide upon, considering she couldn’t, for the life of her, think of a better explanation.  The other blonde rushes towards her, a metal rod grasped in his hand. He aims and waves it dangerously close to Renesmee’s head and her defense mechanism kicks in but the metal rod hit her arm, hard. But, instead of feeling the shooting pain she expected, the metal rod breaks into two, the two pieces clanging on the ground and Renesmee freezes in recurrent shock. The guy then tries to grab Renesmee in a chokehold, trying to mirror the previous action by the red-head on his friend, but to no avail. Renesmee is lithe on her feet and is quickly behind him, her foot connecting with his back, sending him flying into a nearby wall, a few bricks dislodging themselves. She gasps again, the adrenaline pulsing through her veins. There was no logical explanation for this and Renesmee seemed utterly dangerous and someone that you should not mess with. And Renesmee did not like it. She did not like it one bit.

The dark-haired guy, the leader as Renesmee assumes, looks at her in shock but notices her surprise and fear and shock, instantly realizing that he has his ego to protect. He smirks, knowing this would work well to his advantage. Before he can take more than two steps towards the red-head, Renesmee looks up, immediately sensing his presence and grabs the two pieces of metal lying on the road. She throws both with each hand towards him and they hit him with great force, knocking him off his feet and straight into the windshield of the car behind him.

Renesmee then notices the terrified murmurs surrounding her, people in exactly the same place they were when she first started fighting with the thief. Then it strikes her. She has all four men out cold in less than two minutes and now people were panicking, quickly trying to move out of her way, some contemplating calling 911. This wasn’t who Renesmee was. She wasn’t a fighter, a killer, or someone who even wanted to frighten people. Renesmee grows uncomfortable under the heated stares, her own head swirling with thoughts about how the hell this happened.

She quickly grabs her backpack off the ground, mounts her bike and is off speeding away four times more than the speed limit, her head spinning with the events that just occurred. This was….that was just plain impossible. Renesmee had no explanation for what had just happened and it terrified her to no end, to see what she was now seemingly capable of. She knew that something was wrong, seriously wrong, but she wasn’t sure what caused her to be like…..this, but she knew she needed to find a way to control it, or just simply shut it down. She quickly glanced at her watch, her mind reeling all over again.

She was now two hours late.

COMMENT, VOTE, SHARE AND FOLLOW!

PICTURE ON THE SIDE >>>>>>