Chapter 3

“How did you know where I live?”

“I lived on this street for a few months, a few years ago, and you were always sitting on the porch with a book and a pencil in hand,” answers Xavier.

“You used to spy on me?” teases Renesmee.

“How could I not?” asks Xavier, his eyes twinkling with mischief. “Sometimes you used to be playing with a blonde. I think she used to live across the street. Who was that?”

Renesmee’s smile fell short and she sighed, “That’s a story for another time”

Xavier decided not to press further, and stepped out of the truck as did Renesmee. He carefully took her bike out, placing it in the driveway.

“So, sit with me for lunch on Monday?” asks Xavier with a shy smile.

“It’s a date. I’ll see you later Xavier. Have a good weekend”

“You too Ness”

Xavier climbs back into his truck and drives away as Renesmee looks at the car until it is out of sight. She takes a deep breath and walks into her house, thinking. Being with each other made them feel things that they had never felt before. It made them feel alive made them feel that everything in the world would be okay and they had only known each other for an hour.

Renesmee shuts the door behind her and turns around, to see her aunt looking at her with her hands on her hips.

“Who’s the hottie?” she asks excitedly.

“Hello to you too,” replies Renesmee sarcastically.

“Hey. Now tell me, who was that?”

“Xavier Hale,” says Renesmee with a smile on her face.

Aunt May’s jaw drops.

The Xavier Hale? The one in your sketches?”

“The same exact one. How do you know he is in my sketches though? I never showed them to you?” accuses Renesmee, raising her eyebrows.

“Uh….I may have gone through the sketches you always keep hidden,” admits May sheepishly.

Renesmee shakes her head, but doesn’t say anything.

“What in the world happened to your arm?!” Aunt May almost yells.

“Nothing!” defends Renesmee. “I just tripped, that’s why Xavier drove me home because he thought I was incapable of driving myself here.”

“I already like that boy” says May, calmed down.

“Where’s Uncle Ben?” asks Renesmee.

“Right here,” comes Ben’s voice from the basement stairs.

“Why are you drenched?” inquires Renesmee.

“The basement is flooding, so you have to help me clear the important things out till it can get professionally cleared and repaired tomorrow”

“But I’m hungry!” whines Renesmee.

“How about I make your favorite roast chicken if you go help Ben?” suggests May and laughs as Renesmee immediately disappears into the basement, almost pushing Uncle Ben down.

“Can you also make your world famous brownies?” asks Ben hopefully.

“Of course honey,” smiles Aunt May.

“Stop romanticizing and come here and help me Uncle Ben!” comes Renesmee voice from the basement.

“I don’t think that’s the correct meaning of romanticizing!” Ben yells back.

“I don’t really care!”

“Maybe you should open a dictionary once in a while instead of being glued to your camera!”

“Still don’t care!”

“Go down there before she changes her mind about helping you,” advises May, and Ben goes towards the basement as May shakes her head and laughs at her two overgrown children.

COMMENT, VOTE AND SHARE!