⌘Chapter 4: I'm The Real Deal⌘

|Lyla's POV|

Fluffy white pillows suffocated my face. I hated when that happened. I lazily flipped onto my back and inhaled deeply. A few minutes later I couldn't sleep anymore.

Damn it.

I looked at my clock and noticed the blue glowing light which read: 9:05 am. Well, might as well take a shower and do the morning routine.

At this time of day, James was already at work. So, the usual was turning up my stereo and continue to sing in the shower like a seal. This was one of my sides that James never saw, in the one year we were roommates.

🎶"You can't wake up, this is not a dream... Low self esteem so you run on gasoline...!"🎶

When that was all over with, all I could think about was food.

But that idea went out the window as soon as I opened the door to my room and felt my heart jump because of a familiar face.

"Sariel?"

Last night hit me like a pound of bricks. Angels, supernatural creatures, and being assigned to an angel to help complete my test sent from heaven. And the worst part was remembering how my wings looked like. POOF! Agh shiz, there it was, the famous pink wings on my back again.

"Hi, angel face. What's for breakfast?" he gave me a cheeky, innocent little boy smile. His big beautiful puppy dog Aqua eyes, didn't help the process of yelling at him. Wait, didn't he have brown eyes last night?

"I thought you were a bad dream" I said out loud. I was struggling with the door at this point. A) Sariel was sitting right in front of my door laughing as he mildly blocked my passage and B) these giant wings were too big to pass my bedroom door frame.

"How does a face like this associate with a bad dream?" he made those faces that anime guys did when they were overly happy.

"How are you not a bad dream? Look what I have on my back, after seeing you!" I pointed at my pink wings that were bigger than my body

"How are you not a bad dream? Look what I have on my back, after seeing you!" I pointed at my pink wings that were bigger than my body. The odd thing is they were light as a feather.

He gave me a puzzled expression as he got up and stood in front of me.

"You want your wings bye-bye temporarily?" he asked.

"Yes! Please!" I shouted.

"Tell me, you had a good dream" he mocked.

I sighed at how dramatic he was making things.

Fine. "I had a good dream" I recited.

"About me?" a smirk formed.

"About me" I agreed, pointing at myself triumphantly.

"I guess you want to keep your wings on" he started walking away, taking slow dramatic paces.

I started to panic and gave into his little game. "Fine. A good dream about you!" I shouted.

He turned around with a satisfied smirk. "That's a good little angel" he patted my head like a dog. -_- All of a sudden he was poking my sides.

"Hey!" I shouted, pushing his hands away from my tummy. I felt awkward when people I didn't know were touching me intimately. "Hands off!"

Sariel had tickled me to the point where I fell onto my bed and laughed so hard that I felt like peeing. All of a sudden the itchy feeling in my back disappeared along with my wings.

"ALRIGHT!" I yelled at the top of my lungs, signaling that my favor was accomplished. My face probably looked like a red tomato.

"Not bad. If you weren't ticklish there was gonna be a problem" he smiled.

I gave him a glare as I sat at the corner on my bed, catching my breath.

"I have to be tickled in order for my wings to be gone?!" I fumed, hating the idea.

"That or think about feet" he shrugged.

"Are you being serious?" I asked in seriousness. I could've just done that in the beginning.

"Yeah, but where was the fun in that?"

I threw a pillow at him without thinking.

"Hey!" he yelped.

"Where was the fun in that?" I repeated, furious that he thought all of this was a joke. I started my marathon of picking up pillows and throwing them at him.

"Ow!-Hey!- Look I-"

We started running around the house, as I chased after him with my throw pillows.

Ten minutes later, I got tired and needed to lay down. Stupid jerk was using his wings to fly around my hallway and into my fire escape. No heck was I going to keep playing if he was going to expose himself to normal humans.

"So I'm guessing you don't eat in the morning?"

He was finally using his two feet as I lay on my couch defeated.

"How do you keep getting into my room?" I answered with another question.

"Angel transportation warp, duh"

Everything was so new to me, but it was finally weighing on me. Supernatural creatures were really among us.

"You're the real deal, huh?"

"Yeah, just like you are in the shower. You know you have a lovely singing voice. I guess it's an angel gift" a smirk played on his lips. That evil angel, stalker-man-creep! Again, I threw a pillow his way.

"No, but seriously what's for breakfast?" He asked.

I guess this was a good time to confess that I really did need new friends. Even if they weren't human.

"I don't know. Check the fridge"

He walked over to the fridge and wrinkled his nose. "All you have is bacon and orange juice"

Agh. I swear Jason ate like a goat when he was home alone.

"Well, bacon is all were eating then. Do Angels know how to cook?" I asked, curious all of a sudden.

He gave an unattractive snort, "we're not so different you know. Aside from the wings and magic, we still have a brain that signals our tummy to groan in an appetite" he rubbed his belly.

I rolled my eyes, but couldn't stop the smile from forming. "Alright, I take it you cook. And since I don't want to, you cook the bacon then" I insisted, tiredly.

"I thought I was the guest"

"No, you're the intruder whose under my control in my home" I corrected.

He gave a tsk sound as he made his way to the kitchen and looked around for a pan.

So this was it.

The real deal knows how to cook bacon.

Ohh, how un-ordinary.