Chapter 7

Continued from Chapter 6 - Dev and Sona are now in a relationship and want to spend as much time as possible with each other, but how will they manage?

Sona's phone beeped early in the morning. 

'Good Morning .. aaj aapke liye surprise hai. 8 o clock ko tayar rahiyega. I'll pick u up', Dev had texted.

Yayy thought Sona and dressed up for her first real date. She wondered what surprise Dev had planned and that too so early! She told her parents that she had to pick up some reports on the way and so she was going early to work and was outside her gate sharp at 7:55.

Dev was waiting already for her and both their faces just lit up as they saw each other. 

"Hum kahan jaa rahe hain Dev? Bataiye na.."

"Sona, maine kaha na aapse ki surprise hai? Be patient, I'll make sure it's worth the wait"

"Okay baba. I trust you. By the way ye subah subah ki date hi mere liye kaafi hai Dev..it's already worth it!"

Dev took her on a long drive and drove up the hill. When they reached the top he already had arranged for a nice breakfast setup under the sky with a lookout of the city below. The early morning fresh air and the wonderful breakfast was all very romantic and secluded.

"I love it!!" exclaimed Sona and clapped her hands like a little child.

Dev saw her so happy and felt like his heart swelled up to twice its size. He loved her childlike innocence and her zest for life. He loved how little things in life made her happy. He could sit here for hours and listen to her talk about her work, her interests, her life and everything else under the sun.

Sona finally stopped chatting and looked at Dev. He was looking at her and all she could see in his eyes was love. She felt so lucky to have such a wonderful man in her life. He might be rude and abhodro, also bit khadoos, but he had a big heart and it was these little things that he did for her and for everyone around him that made them feel so special to be a part of his life. 

"Dev aapko ye idea kaise aaya?"

"Main yahan ek baar kisi client ke saath aaya tha. Aur mujhe itna achha laga. I come here sometimes aur har baar yahan bahut shanti milti hai. It's one of my favorite places and I wanted to share it with the one I love. Bas..", he smiled.

"Mujhe bahut hi achha laga. Ab to ye meri bhi favorite jagahon mein se ek ho gayi. Dev, let's make this a tradition. At least mahine mein ek baar to hum yahan breakfast karne aya karenge chahe kuchh bhi ho..deal?"

"Haha, deal! Har mahine same day, we will come here and celebrate our love and our first date ki anniversary... ", Dev said and wrapped his arms around Sona and hugged her.

They sat there feeding each other bits of food, and just enjoying the feeling of being in the arms of the one you love. Suddenly Dev's phone buzzed. 

"Chaliye Miss Bose, aapko kaam pe jaana hai aur mujhe bhi. Let's head back."

"Date pe bhi koi alarm lagata hai kya? App bhi impossible ho Dev!"

"Alarm lagana zaroori tha, warna aapke saath to mujhe na time ka na space ka kuchh pata chalta hai. Poora din nikal jata aur log humari missing report likhwa dete police station pe..Ab chaliye", joked Dev.

"Have a good day Dev! I'll miss you!", Sona hugged him good bye.

Ishwari was in the kitchen when Sona entered.

"Good morning Auntyji, sorry aaj zara si der ho gayi. Aapne nashta kar liya?"

"Arre koi baat nahin beta", Ishwari said, "maine kar liya nashta aur bas abhi ja hi rahi thi kamre mein thoda sa aaram karne."