Chapter 11

Continued from Chapter 10 - Dev and Sona go on a trip together and share their first kiss! How is this trip going to unfold further..

Sona woke up early morning to the streaming sunlight and she opened her sleepy eyes and smiled. She remembered glimpses from last night and it warmed up her body just to think about the tender moments she had shared with Dev. She showered and got ready and by the time she came out of her room Dev had already called in for breakfast and was having his coffee in the hall.

"Good Morning Dev.. aapne mujhe pehle jagaya kyun nahin?"

"Arre tum itni chain ki neend so rahi thi.. anyways. Tum jaldi se nashta kar lo. Mujhe factory jaana hai."

"Main bhi chaloon aapke saath if you don't mind. Main yahan akeli kya karoongi. Pata nahin aapko kitni der lag jaye."

"Haan thik hai, if you want. Waise udhar pahadi par kafi achhi restaurant hai, hum wahan lunch karenge on the way back adn then we can go for some sight seeing."

Sona had never been to a factory before and she was also enjoying herself. While Dev went in to get further details, she looked around the compound and spent some time around the land. It was a beautiful area overlooking the hill and far from the town's hustle bustle. She loved nature and there were so many herbs and plants around that she recognised. She went down the trail for a stroll when she suddenly heard voices. 

Two men were whispering:

"Ye log itni jaldi aa jayenge pata hi nahin tha nahin to hum intezaam kar dete na. Par abhi bahut der ho gayi. Ab jaisa hai waise hi kaam khatam karna padega."

"Par unko agar pata chal gaya ki factory kis haal mein hai to sab barbad ho jayega."

"Tabhi to superintendent sahab ko bola tha ki wo logon ko andar wali sector mein na ghusne de. Wo jagah bahut hi khatarnak hai. Abhi parson hi na Mohan hospital mein bharti ho gaya uske side se machine gir gaya firr se. Usko jaise taise jode hain.. koi paas jayega to phir se girega zaroor."

"Wo babu jo aaye hain wo bina dekhe chale jayenge?"

"Arre wapas jayenge nahin to haspital jayenge aur kya.. haha"

Sona got a weird feeling and ran all the way back. Were the men talking about this factory visit? What if it was really dangerous in there and Dev insisted on inspecting every nook and cranny and got hurt? She had to warn him about what she heard.

She saw Tina in the outer room and told her everything she heard. Tina and Sona ran inside and just as Dev was about to inspect the faulty machinery Sona ran and grabbed Dev while Tina helped the other team members. The heavy machinery part fell with a loud clang where Dev was standing seconds ago! Sona had pushed Dev out of the way in the last second and Dev fell and Sona fell too. But luckily they were all unharmed. The superintendent looked guilty and was calling in help saying that it was a freak accident but Sona didn't say anything at the moment. Tina gave a nod and helped Dev and Sona get up. 

Sona had hurt her leg badly and couldn't get up. She looked down in dismay and saw her favorite chudidar in tatters. Dev looked down concerned and schocked. He picked up Sona in his arms and carried her outside to the bench. He bent over and cleaned out her leg with some water. 

"Bahut dard ho raha hai kya?", he asked his voice laced with concern.

"Nah really, I'm fine.", Sona reassured him.

"Are you sure? Waise zada gehri dikh nahin rahi chot, bas halki si swelling hai aur thodi si cut ho gayi hai..aap chalke try kijiye move to kar sakti hai na?"

Sona got up slowly and limped around. It hurt a lot but she was relieved that it wasn't something worse. She smiled up at Dev and said she felt ok. She wanted to ease his worries.