9. Endeavor

And in the end, they don't care about the years in your life, but the life in your years.
"Write about what you want to do in your life."
What did I want to do in my life? Certainly, I did not want to continue my life like this. But what are those certain things which I wanted from life?
I just realised that sometimes there is no next time. Sometimes, you don't get a second chance. And sometimes, it is now or never.
***
"Hello, Mr. Styles." I greet him as I enter his office.
He looks up with a broad smile which gives me a weird feeling. Ever since Harry admitted he likes me, I am feeling this strange bond between us. Like there is something between us that I am not aware of. Harry admitting his feelings was a bit awkward. It was only 3 weeks since we met, and he knows so well, and he likes me too. Anyways, I am getting distracted.
"Don't call me Mr. Styles, Adira. It makes me sound like an old man." He playfully glares at me.
"You are an old man." I tease and he rolls his eyes.
"Have you been working on your journal?" He asks me.
"Yeah, about that.." I trail.
"What about it?"
"I have been thinking.." I hesitate to tell him. I focus on the posters on the walls and try to wipe away my anxiety.
"What are you thinking?" He asks me curiosly.
"About what you said. I have something you should help me with."
"What do you want from me?" He seems very interested.
"Harry," I pause to take a deep breath. "I have this list." I say and pull out my journal. "Two days back, I have written what I want from life. 25 things which I am scared of, but I want you help me with them."
He takes the journal from my hands and notices my hopeful expression. And then I continue.
"I am ready, Harry. I am ready to live. I want to live. But I don't know how to. Please show me?" I plead him, my eyes watering.
"Where's the list?" He asks me with a certain emotion. I can't figure out which one.
He chuckles when he looks at the list. I nudge him with my elbow and he reads my list.
"Number one: Go Surfing."
"I always wanted to do that, but never got time." I say.
"Number two: Visit all of North Carolina.
Number three: Go skinny dipping." He says with a smirk. "Skinny dipping, aye?"
"Just shut up and read." I say, laughing. He laughs along and continues to read my list of priorities.
"Number four: Go on a hot air balloon.
Number five: Go to a concert of any artist I like.
Number six: Go handgliding.
Number seven: Go hiking.
Number nine: See sunrise.
Number ten: Prank call someone.
Number eleven: Ice-skating.
Number twelve: Swim/ Stand under a waterfall.
Number thirteen: Slow dance in rain.
Number fourteen: Get a tattoo.
Number fifteen: Drink alcohol.
Number sixteen: Zorbing.
Number seventeen: Attend a masquerade.
Number eighteen: Fall in love.
Number nineteen: Change my entire life."
He finishes and stares at me in disbelief.
He then chuckles at me. "Woah, that's a pretty long list."
"So, will you help me?" I ask him, impatient for his answer.
He shakes his head while grinning at me. "Oh, Adira, I am so going to help you."
Those words bring utmost happiness and I jump on him and hug him tightly.
He laughs and hugs me back and I mutter several thank you's in his neck.
I giggle when I realise how happy I am around him. Just the thought of him makes me smiles like a fool. Earlier, the very thought of him made me angry. Now, all I can feel is fondness. The way he never gets tired of me, and he is always by my side, and the way he is one of the few people who actually care about me, and the way he never judges me and the way he is so patient and always understands me, all show me that he does like me. And I without any regrets, like him too. The confession making me weak in my knees. The realisation hits me like a truck.
I look up at him and I already see him staring at me.
Feeling a whole new level of bravery, I lean closer to him, our foreheads now touching.
"I like you, so much." I whisper against his lips before his leaning in and pressing his lips against  mine. Before I know it, I am responding to his kiss. My first kiss. His body is pressed up against mine and our lips move in a sync. There is something so sensual about the kiss that I forget about everything around me. All I am aware of is, Harry, and no one else. And with this, I feel like we started our own little adventure.
***
A/N: A very important chapter. :)
Please vote amd comment.