10. Alpha

"Your house is cozy," I say as I look around. Harry brought me to his house today, since we had nothing better to do. We couldn't go to my house, because that would lead to a lot of questions from my 'parents'.

"Thanks." He says, giving me a warm smile.

The roof was made of pantiles and the house looks amazing. From the ladder which is placed vertically to the vintage chandeliers, it gives off a homely vibe in the whole.

The most interesting thing is that the house looks like it is in middle of the woods, as the surroundings are very peaceful. Considering that the house is pretty far from the urban area.

If I was to select a place to live in, this would be it. Peaceful and Serene, just how I like it.

"You seem to be deep in your thoughts." His voice snaps me back to reality.

"I really love the house, that's all." I giggle.

He looks at me with a longing expression. Something in the way he looks makes me nervous and insecure suddenly. It is like he can see right through my soul.

I chuckle awkwardly and play with the hem of my shirt. "What, Harry?"

He shakes his head with a smile on and says, " I like seeing you happy. When I first met you, you were so sad and depressed but now you look so happy. It makes me happy too."

I smile sadly and say, "Momentary happiness doesn't mean your depression is any less."

"You think this happiness will fade away?"

I look at him and shrug. "It is how the world works. Not everything is sunflowers and rainbows. I know that this happiness will fade away."

"Why don't you make it last longer then?"

"If you want everything to be sunflowers, you should water the sunflowers more often."

"And your point is?"

"When you feel down, fill the the sadness with happiness by thinking some of your favourite moments of your life. Shower it with happiness, Adira."

"Easier said than done, Harry." I chuckle.

He rolls his eyes and says, "Well, it wouldn't harm you in anyway if you try."

I nod, "I suppose."

We sit down on the sofas, opposite to each other.

"What do you want to become in future, Adira?" He asks suddenly.

His question shocks me. What do I want to become in future? Well, I never actually thought about it, to start with. But again, I never thought I would have a future.

But, I was always fascinated with the idea of becoming a Stylist.

"Don't laugh." I warn him and he nods. "I want to become a Stylist."

His eyes widen and he has a look as if he was completely blown away.

"Woah. That's so cool. I am sure you'll be successful."

I blush and he laughs. "Thanks, Harry."

"Anytime, babe." He says casually.

His nickname for me makes me choke on my breath and he winks at me. Oh dear lord, this boy is going to be the death of me.

"You live all alone?" I ask him, trying to change the topic. He notices and grins mischievously.

I get up and walk around to get a more proper look of the house. There is a medium sized but a quite modern kitchen, which is perfect. A perfect verandah.