8. Melancholia

"Are you ready to tell me about your parents?" Harry asks me.

Another day of counselling. Some days are quite enjoyable and some days, gloomy, like today.

"Can I ask you one question?" I ask.

He blinks and without another thought, he says, "Sure."

"Are you asking me about my parents because it's your job or do you truly care about it?"

He seems surprised by my question. "I am asking you because I truly care."

"And why do you care?"

He shook his head and said, "I am not doing this right now."

"No, tell me. Why do you care about me?"

"I did not say I care about you. All I am saying is that I care about your past."

"So you are saying that you don't care about me?" I ask, testing him.

"Adira.." He sighs.

"What is it? Tell me." I say, my voice a bit louder.

"I care about you because I like you."

He likes me? Me? Out of all the people?

I stare at him for a second, or a minute. I don't know. I am frozen. Normally, a girl would blush at the moment. But, all I feel is anger.

I laughed humourlessly. He looked at me without any expression.

"Like me? What could you possibly like about me? My fucked up past?" I sneer.

He winces at my tone and says in a equally harsh manner, "When will you stop all this nonsense and start loving yourself, goddamnit!"

"What is there in me for me to love? Nothing. Absolutely nothing." I yell.

He shakes his head sadly. "You are back to your old self again. I thought the past week changed you. But no."

I can't help but laugh again, "Oh, you were so wrong, Harry. Not everyting is sunflowers and rainbows. You actually thought you could change me? Pathetic."

"You have turned into a monster. Nothing is changed." He frowns.

"Why are you still here if I am a monster, huh? Do you enjoy seeing me all depressed?"

"I am still here because I have faith in you." He yells.

I cower and I feel my eyes watering. "Why?" I whisper.

His eyes soften when he notices me and says, "Because I have hope. I know you will change. I know it's going to be hard, but I am willing to try. I know how you feel, Adira. I know because I came from there." He gives me warming smile.

I try to wipe away the already fallen tears and say, "But it is so hard, Harry. Trusting a person is very difficult for me. I am sorry, but I don't trust you yet."

He smiles and says, "I understand. How about you write a journal?"

"What should I write in a journal?" I ask him curiosly.

"Instead of telling me, you write in a journal and give the journal to me whenever you are comfortable. Write about your past and your present. And maybe write about what you want to do in your life." He shrugs.

"Like a bucket list?"

He nods. "Exactly. Like a bucket list."

"But why do you think that me writing in a journal is better than me telling you verbally?"

"Because sometimes people express themselves better in writing than in verbal communication. And I want to know how you truly felt."

Writing a journal can't be that bad. It's better than tellung him my problems while facing him.

I don't know why but I feel like something is going to change from today. And I have a feeling that it is a good change.

***

A/N: Please vote and comment.

Sorry for the short chapter. I will make sure the next one will make it up for this. :)

QOTC: Why do you think Adira was angry when Harry told her that he liked her?