Chapter 9

Valentina

I'm so excited. My dream have finally come true. I'm finally getting married to the man of my dreams and I'm finally gonna be called Mrs. Alsina.

When me and Aug were in high school, we had already planned to get married, so we ended up making a scrapbook of all the things we wanted. The attire, the cake, the location, EVERYTHING.

After the performance that Aug did at the club for me, we found out that Jay-Z owned the club and he just happened to be there, so they met with each other and he said that he will definitely be working with Aug, so I'm extremely happy for him, and we ended up leaving ATL after two more days of having fun, but it's still good to be home in my own bed.

I've been encouraging Aug to succeed in his music career, so while I'm at work, he writes music and when I get home, he sings it for me. What Aug doesn't know is that I have two surprises for him this upcoming week since the engagement party is tomorrow and his birthday is in 3 days.

Right now I just came in from work and Aug was singing to me one of his songs while I was cooking dinner. I loved his voice so much and I don't think I would ever get tired of it.

Nobody knows what I go through
Wish you could put yourself inside my shoes
You got friends that ain't friends no more
They don't understand the life I chose
See the money and the fame
It can hurt everything you love
Got some people who depend on me
And I can't give up
They don't know what I'm going through

Nobody knows, uh uh
Nobody knows, uh uh
Nobody knows, uh uh
Nobody knows, no no no
Nobody knows

Hearing him sing that song with so much passion really shows that he's going through it.
"Babe, that was beautiful. It's like I could feel ya pain," I said sniffing while stirring the spaghetti sauce.

I felt his arms wrap around my waist from behind, placing his soft lips on my neck.
"Don't cry baybeh," he said while rocking me side to side.

I turned around smiling and wrapping my arms around his neck, placing a kiss on his lips. "It's time to eat," I said walking away from him cuz I already knew that it was gonna turn into something else.

As we sat at the table, we said our grace like we usually do and began eating.

"So you ready for the engagement party tomorrow?" Aug asked with food in his mouth.

"Don't talk with yo mouth full and yes, I'm ready. The real question is, are you ready for your surprise?"

He looked up from his plate and looked at me with his brow raised, "Surprise? What kinda surprise?"

I chuckled, " You'll see."

..........

The engagement party was going great and we were all having a good time enjoying each other's company. Everything went as planned and I can't wait to reveal Aug's surprise.

Everyone was at the table eating and talking until Aug stood up for a toast getting everyone's attention. "I wanna give a toast to me and my fiance. I've been planning on putting a ring on that finger since I was 16, and I'm finally able to say that I did. After Mel died, I realized that life is too short to waste time and do dumb shit, so I would rather cherish the people and things that I love the most than to wait for someone to tell me the time is right when the time is now. I love you and I can't wait until you become Mrs. Alsina," he said turning to me then giving me a kiss with them soft, plump lips.

"Since we're giving toasts, I also wanna give one to me and my fiancé," I started. "In school, I thought I was one of the ugliest girls. Aug was my number one crush and I never thought that he would notice me until he talked to me. And ever since that day, he's made me feel beautiful. Being with the cutest boy in school wasn't easy, especially in high school. All these girls were trying to step out of their place, but I had to let them know that he already had someone. I've always dreamed that we would get married and we've been planning it since we were freshmen in high school. I just can't wait ta say 'I do' and become Mrs. Alsina," I said giving Aug a kiss while everyone was saying 'aww' and cheering for us. Then i remembered that I had to reveal Aug's surprise.

"Wait everyone," I said making everyone put their attention towards me. "I have a surprise for August and I'm sure you all will like it too."

I held onto to Aug's hands and looked into his eyes, "I'm almost 2 weeks pregnant. We're having a baby!"

His eyes glowed while a huge smile spread across his face. "Are you serious?"

I nodded wiping away the tear that tried to escape.

He picked me up and spun me around. "I can't believe I'm gonna be a father. A little August Jr. running around the house being bad as hell," he laughed.

"Or a little princess walking around being the sweetest little angel," I smiled.

He sighed, "Thank you Valentina. I can't imagine having a child with no one but you."

"And I can't imagine getting pregnant by anyone but you."

He smiled, "I love you baybeh."

"I love you too baybeh."

Everyone cheered and congratulated us then the party was over and we fell asleep as soon as we lied down. To see August happy like that makes me feel like I've made the right choice by giving him another chance. I love him with all my heart and can't wait until we get married and have this child.

..........

Sorry this chapter was a little short. I promise the next one will be longer. 

Thanks for reading and stay tuned for the next chapter.

I love you guys!

Amosc @og.lilnae