Chapter 14

Valentina

"What the hell are you doing in jail ma?" I yelled panicking

"I'll tell you everything once you get me outta here."

I sighed, "Ight, I'm on my way." I hung up and got my things leaving.

On my way to the police station someone was calling me so I answered it on the Bluetooth in the car.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hey baybeh," Aug said.

"Hey bae, i can't really talk right now cuz i gotta call saying my mama in jail and I'm pulling up to the police station right now," I explained pulling into the parking lot of the station.

"Jail? For what?"

"That's what I'm trying to figure out. She said she would tell me once I get her out."

He sighed, "Ight, call me once you find something out."

"I will." I got out the car and locked the door while walking to the front doors of the police station.

"I love you." He said.

I don't know why but every time I hear him say that, I smile no matter what kind of situation I'm in.

I smiled, "I love you too." I hung up the phone and walked into the building towards the front desk.

"I'm here to bail out Melissa Perez," I said to the lady at the front desk not really caring what she was doing.

She started doing something on her computer then looked up at me. "You can see her but you can't bail her out yet."

I frowned crossing my arms, "Why not?"

"When you get back there then the officers can answer all of your questions."

I nodded going to the back where they said my mama would be after they checked me and shit.

"Ma, what the hell is going on?" I walked up to her cell.

"Just get me out of here please cuz these bitches keep looking at me like they want me and I don't wanna have to beat they ass."

I turned towards one of the officers. "The lady up front said that I couldn't bail my mama out yet. Why is that?"

"Well we believe she had something to do with the death of Harold Harrison and we have been told that they were seen together before his death and they weren't on good terms," he explained.

I smiled politely, "Well.." I looked at his badge, "Officer Kodiak, if you have no proof that she murdered him then I suggest you let her out before I get my lawyer and sue all of you mothafuckas."

"Are you trying to get me fired?" he looked at me like I was crazy.

I laughed, "You gon be more than fired if you don't let my mama out right now."

He sighed running his hand down his face and decided to let her out. As soon as he opened it I gave my mama a hug.

"Let's get outta here," my mama smiled pulling away from the hug.

I nodded and she followed me to my car.

As I was driving, I decided to get something off of my mind.
"I know you killed him ma, just tell me what happened."

She sighed, "I told you that if I EVER ran into him, I would go off and that's exactly what happened. I didn't mean to kill him but I couldn't control myself. I can't imagine anybody putting their hands on you like that."