Chapter 21

AKIRA'S POV

I was on my way to check up on Christa but then I saw Subaru sitting next to Kura while holding her hand while Kura was resting on the couch. I walked over to Ayame and I said,"How is she doing?"

"I can tell you this much, Kura has definitely exhausted herself from using the flash-step it might be awhile before she can wake up." Ayame explained with a worried look. I said,"I see, I take it Subaru has been staying by her side?"

"Yeah, I tried to telling him to get some rest but he refuses to leave Kura's side." Ayame said. I was a bit surprised and I said,"Oh yeah?"

I looked over at him and Kura and I said,"Tell me something, do those two have feelings for each other?"

"Well, I can see that Subaru likes Kura and Kura likes Subaru as well but not as friend but those two are too stubborn to even admit they're actually in love." Ayame said in a teasig tone. I said,"Hehe, where have I heard that before?"

Ayame looked at me confused and I said,"Ruki and I were like that from before as well, Yuma, Kou and Azusa kept asking us if we had feelings for each other but we used to tell them that we don't but then eventually we fell in love."

"I see, so you can understand from their point of view huh?" Ayame said. I nodded my head and said,"Something like that."

Ayame smiled a little and then she looked back at Subaru and Kura. I said,"Look why don't you go and find something to do if Subaru needs you he'll let you know."

"All right, thanks Akira you know you're not so bad I was half expecting you to be like the Sakamakis and the Mukamis I guess I was wrong there, see you." Ayame said as she waved goodbye and then she left.

I looked back at Subaru and Kura one last time and I then left them alone.

KURA'S POV

I felt my consciousness coming back to me and I slowly opened my eyes. Everything was blurry at first but when my eyesight returned to normal there was an unfamiliar ceiling. I felt someone holding my hand and when I looked to my side, Subaru was holding onto my hand like he was waiting for me to wake up this whole time. I said,"Suabru?"

Subaru raised his head and when he saw me awake he said,"Kura, thank goodness you're awake at last!" Subaru suddenly hugged me tightly. I was still feeling a bit weak so I couldn't move my arms properly yet so I buried my face in his shoulder instead.

Subaru released me and then he laid me back down on the couch. Subaru then said,"You...YOU IDIOT!!" I was shocked by his outburst and he then said,"What were you thinking?! Going to the Tsukinami manor by yourself!! You could have been killed!!"

"Subaru...I'm sorry I-" He then said,"Sorry doesn't make it any better!! You had me worried sick I wasn't sure if you were going to wake up again!!"

I could see the look of anger and despair in his eyes. I could tell right away that I was the cause of his anger. I felt really sad that I made him like this and I looked away from him and said,"Subaru...I'm really sorry...I didn't mean for this to happen.."

I covered my eyes with the back of my hand to hide the tears in the corner of my eyes. I said,"I'm so stubborn that I refused to let someone help me because I..I thought I could handle it on my own... But I was wrong..now look at the state I'm in and I caused you and the others so much worry as well..."

I gritted my teeth as I couldn't hold back my tears anymore. I felt Subaru pull my hand away from my eyes and then he wiped away the tear on my cheek with his thumb. Subaru then pulled me back into a hug and he said,"It's alright, no one expected you to come back exhausted like that we were worried about you that's all."