1.2 - Man in disguise

Lukewarm water poured down my face and body. The issue to breathe through my nose was real, that for my mouth was hanging wide open. Inhaling, exhaling.

It's in the shower you can cry, right? Because no one will ever hear you and you're not crying alone. Yeah. It felt right to cry in the shower, especially this time.

I leaned my forehead against the wall and closed my eyes, letting the tears roll down my cheeks.

Luke and the rest were going to die, I knew it. They didn't deserve it. Especially Ashton. He was the first person I trusted since I lost my family a few weeks ago. Ashton deserved all good in life. He must have a great end of his story. Everyone has a story. I want to hear all about his. All light up's and downfalls. Why he got himself into this business and what his dreams are.

And Luke. His story must be filled with struggles. It made me cry even more. Not that he has been through a lot, but that I won't be able to hear it. What ever happened to that boy must've been awful.

But I will never hear it.

I won't even hear my own cousins, whose I should know.

Or Calum's.

They will all be 4 strangers to me.

I felt how the water became colder, and colder against my skin. How long have I been standing here? 1 hour? 2 hours? No matter what, the warm water had run out. I took that as a cue to turn off the running water and pull the curtains aside.

I glanced to my left. There she stood. A girl with pale skin, red eyes, lifeless hair and bony shoulders. Me. This is what I had become the last month.

Lifeless.

------------------------------------------------------

16:07

That's what the time was.

As usual I was lying across the bed, arms and legs spread wide out as my eyes were glued against the ceiling. Maybe this was me giving up?

When Luke locked me inside his room it took me only a few hours before I got out, sure I hurt my foot in the process, but anyhow. This time I hadn't even tried. I was a lost puppy waiting to be rescued or killed.

No.

Emmy, this isn't you. You're not a damsel in distress. All your life you have been picking yourself up. This is no exception.

Suddenly it hit me and I sat up straight. A plan. So much alike the one on Luke, but ohh so much worse.

I sprinted towards the edge of the bed and pulled at the covers. Soon the cases fell into my hands and I grinned to myself.

I took the edge and tied it real hard around the beds leg and tugged it a few times, making sure it was strong enough to hold someone down.

Now the plan was done.

------------------------------------------------------

The hours went by, one by one. Impatiently I waited for Brad to come inside. Yes, for once I was hoping he would show up, and as soon as possible.

I can't wait to get out of here, for real. The dark room is driving me crazy, the food has made me lose 10 pounds and my soul has become lifeless. Feeling numb, okey but for real? What do I have to smile about...

*knock knock*

My head shut up. Yeah, it's showtime! This time, I actually smiled.

"Come in." I said and made my voice sound as boring as possible when I actually was pretty excited. The a click was heard and soon the door opened slowly.

"Miss?"

Oh, this wasn't Brad. Even better. Ohhh I was smiling on the inside.

"What." I hissed and glanced at the boy at the door. He was pretty tall with broad shoulders, not too muscular tho which made me smile even more on the inside.

"Brad sent me to check up on you." He closed the door behind and walked over to me. His tall frame were hovering over me lying on the bed as usual.

"A-actually, my foot is a bit sore." I mumbled and he looked questioned at me. "And you want me to do what?"

"This is going to sound crazy." You said with a small chuckle. "But, do you mind just massaging it? Very gently?" You gave him the cutest smile you could think of, but he still looked very suspicious.

"I-I don't know."

"Come on. I bet Brad will get you fired or something like that if I'm not pleased. After all, he loves me." I said and continued my stupid act. In fact, my foot had healed many days ago, but what can I do? The guy rolled his eyes towards the door and let out a deep sigh.

"Fine." He muttered and sat down at the end of my bed. We kept an awkward eye contact as his cold hands made contact under my foot. I hissed at his touch and frowned.

"Too harsh?" He asked and stopped the movement, but I shook my head.

"No, this is exactly what I need." I said and made a fake smile. It made him shrug his shoulders and get back to concentrating on massaging my foot.

I took the opportunity to glance down on the floor where the cases lied, tied together. But how could I reach them? A quick movement? I didn't have a choice, but if he's quick I might be the one tied down.

"That feel nice." I said and couched to break the silence. Without even looking up on me he hummed to himself and concentrated on moving his thumbs underneath my foot.

He was concentrated.

This was it.

With a quick move I grabbed the cases on the ground and moved forward to wrap it around his throat.

But he wasn't just concentrating on my foot, but on me as well. He grabbed my wrist just before I got to his head and held me there.

"What the..."

Quickly I gave him a hard kick to the chest with the foot he was massaging which caused him to fall back and land on the floor with a loud groan. I took the opportunity to sit down on top of him with my knees on his elbows, making it impossible for him to move around.

"Fucking whore." He screamed and began kicking around but my weigh, that was exactly enough, held him down.

The "rope" in my left hand were now wrapped around his throat and neck.

Now I pulled. Harder. Harder.

Still sitting above him, I felt how he started ro relax more and more under me. The resistance went from 100 to 0 way too fast.

Did I? Maybe I-?

I-I killed him??

Terrified I moved my fingers around to find his pulse right under his jaw. It was beating. He wasn't dead.

With a relived sigh I ran my fingers through my hair. It worked. He was unconscious and tied down.

But-but now what?

Fuck. I hadn't thought about the consequences. Do I just walk out or?? Right as I was about to stand up and walk towards the door my eyes went to his clothes. It was a dark blue uniform with a cap to match. Did they have a special dress code? Even if not, I would look him and no one would suspect that it's me.

I ran over to the man on the floor and began tugging on his clothes.

------------------------------------------------------

Finally I put the ugly cap on my head (hiding my hair inside it) and placed the hood of the jacket over my head. Of course the clothes were way too big for me, but I managed to look like a man anyways. I mean, my boobs weren't visible in this big jacket anyways.

I grabbed a piece of my greasy hair and placed it behind my ear.

I was ready.

With dominant steps I walked towards the door and pulled.

It opened.

And I walked out.