Chapter 9

The call ended. I decided not to get any closer but rather get dressed. My phone rings again. Who was it and why? I pick it up this time to male voice speaking to me.
"Hello there."
"Uh hii." With all sarcasm in my voice.
"Yeah. How are you?"
" I'm good. Thanks." I say forgetting to ask of his health too.
"You're welcome dear."   Woow,dear? Really?
"Uuhh, please who is this ?"
"..it's Lany. Was just calling up to check on you."
" oh Lany,how nice of you. Thanks a bunch. I was kinda scared at first. Sorry for not asking of your health earlier. How are you though?"
"Hahahaha, it's nothing and I'm good too."
"Oh great! " I don't know why but I start smiling.
"Yeah. So goodnight."
"Sure and have a sound sleep."
"You too. Bye."
"Bye." And then I hang up.

That was very nice of him. Really. So I get back to dressing up and lying on my bed watching some Lifetime Movies on my iPad . I eventually sleep.

Lany's POV.

Her voice, I really love it and I think I'm still falling for her after fifth grade when we used to be sitting buddies and would make her laugh all day. That's how I had a crush on her. Her laughter.
I don't know why but she seems perfect for me. I literally spend the rest of my night thinking about her. Her smile on her face is just so pretty on her. I just love it. She's friendly and I don't think I've seen her do something wrong before. Okay maybe but her flaws are pretty to me.
But the worst part is although I'm her friend,I don't receive much attention from her unless I approach her. Sad.

Jane's POV.

"Morning sunshine. The sun's out and so must you be, in school,right now,or you'll be late. "
"What day is it?"
"It's Tuesday honey. Now get your little butt in the shower ."
"Are you sure it's Tuesday? My body doesn't think so."
"Don't be silly baby. Okay how about I make some chicken sandwich for breakfast. Does that sound good enough?"
"Very good but I don't think my body wants to move. My bed needs me. And it's summer school and there's no big whoof if I skip a day. Can I? Plleeaaasee? Pretty please?"
"Fine by me but I don't think your dad's gonna be happy."
"Yikes! Dad. Totally forgot." And I jumped out of bed. Honestly, I never knew I could do that. Jumping the way I did.
"Hahahaha Honey, I'll be in the kitchen when you're done."
"Okay mommy." I tell her taking off my pj's .