Chapter 1

My day was quite different as the words of my friends kept echoing in my head. It got me puzzled. I would distract myself but end up thinking of that. What was this and why was it happening to me now.

By the next day,my instincts just directed me to who the shy person was and just walked up to him.

"Hi." I said and turned to look at me. Aaw,this guy was cute and really someone I barely talked to in class. He immediately looked down,took in a deep breath then looked back up. I didn't know what that was all about.

"Hey..uh,hello" he said smiling. I smiled back because as you know,I love to smile.

"You're Lucas right" he nodded while smiling. Wow,this guy sure loves to smile."Well,I had two friends tell me yesterday that you love. Just wanted to verify it was you."

He looked beside him and then behind him to find out if there was anyone listening. "Yeah,sure,I'm the one and sorry I couldn't come up to you to tell you. I was shy and thought you'd be angry or something."

How nice of him to admit it because I don't think all guys admit this the first time they're being asked.
"Oh no,I wasn't angry just a bit puzzled and I found it strange how two people told me the same thing on the same day. The thing is I love everyone equally so yeah,I do love you and whenever you're in need you could come up to me for anything." I said then smiled leaving his presence where he immediately got hold of my hands and pulled me back.

"I don't mean to annoy you but I think my definition of love here doesn't agree with yours." He said looking straight into my eyes. I really liked his eyes,so dreamy.

"What do you mean?" I ask moving back from him as slow as I could. "I mean,I love you as love you. I need you and want you to make me feel happy. I need someone who I'll be with." He said and I know where he was getting at. I could see the seriousness on his face. What he didn't know was that my parents and big brother have a strict "No dating till 18" rule of which I know my big brother was very watchful and over protective about.

How do I tell him I don't date guys in the nicest way possible. Why did I get myself into this in the first place. He was pulling me close to him and trying to get away from him. He didn't let go of my hand either. Oh God,what do I do now. Then it hit me. I remembered one friend who kept talking about him frequently.

"Uh,see,the thing is I get what you're saying but.." he cut me off before I could finish my sentence. "No buts. Don't you have a heart? Are you going to tell me no right in my face? Everyone loves you Jane and haven't you tried loving someone so much. Please don't say no,please." Wow,he really wants me to make up my mind this day. Almost everyone was starring at us.

"It's not that I don't love. I do but not your kind of love. I'm sorry to tell you this way but no,I don't love you that way. How do you expect me to decide on this in a matter of seconds? Let love work at its time. Besides I have a friend who really likes you. She'd be happy if you were hitting on her not me. I'm sorry."

My head's down and he lets go of my hand. He walked out of the class leaving me stranded in the middle,of the class with some people looking at me. How could this have happened? Why did I start this in the first place. Well,I must admit I do feel bad but he should know you shouldn't expect an answer concerning love on the first day. Some people do answer on the first day,well those are the desperate ones but I was just getting more confused as I thought of it so I walked back to my desk where I mingled myself with a couple of friends.

I really couldn't concentrate because the guilt in me got worse anytime I set eyes on Luke. I didn't nothing wrong so why was I feeling very guilty. Why didn't he fall for Sophie so that their love would just be perfect because the feeling was and is mutual.

On my way out of class,I met Ashley,my best friend. "I heard Lucas proposed to you. What did you say?" She was all happy and fidgety about knowing what went on. "You know me and my brother,I definitely said no." I said trying to look away from her. She instantly had a look of disappointment which I could tell. "Okay,but don't you think,you'll break his heart? I mean Lucas is cool and I hear he's filthy rich but if that's your decision. Besides you don't fall in love for money." She says smiling and we head towards the library to study before we leave for the house. I was happy she respected my decision and that's why I love her.

End of chapter.

If loved this story,please,do well to vote on it and follow me as well. Thank you.