Chapter 7

"Hey" a guy says from behind me. I'm frightened but I turned my back to look at who it is anyway.
"Uuhhh he- hello" I stutter. It was Lany. There was a relief. i was glad it wasn't Luke. God knows how i'd be reacting by now.

"What are you doing out here. Everyone's inside and I don't expect a gorgeous looking girl like you to be eating out here."

"Thanks for concern and don't worry,I'm perfectly fine. Sitting out here causes no harm to me as far as I am concerned."

"Oh well,if you insist. Then I might as join you out here. May I?"

"Sure,sure." Usually, I'd relent but I was lonely.I really needed someone around after what happened back in the cafeteria.

I scott and he sits close. We end up talking during lunch and I must admit,Lany is good company afterall. A merriment is what I'd call it. He has a good sense of humour and is somewhat a lurk.

As we kept talking,I began to latch on Lany's behaviour sometimes. His mom was pregnant,his dad was busy with work and his big sister was in school,St. Adeline Catholic School, which was in the far east and she could only come by during the vacation. Poor guy.

Today has been quite something if you'd ask me. Ashley finally with Kyle and Luke...Oh Luke. Also the gush the made my skirt come up while walking back into the cafeteria. I was so damn lucky walking behind Lany. So sappy.

I shut the door behind me and mind my mom cooking in the kitchen. Whatever it was she was cooking sure smelt good.

"Good day mom. Love the aroma here and I sure did miss you."

"Aaw sweetie,missed you more. How was school today?"

"It was good. I made a new friend."

"That's good to hear. Who is he/she?"

"Technically,it's my mate which I seldom talk to and today we talked and  he was a fun person."

"Good honey. So where does he live?"

"Not too far from here. About some 5 blocks from down the street from Mrs. Patterson's."

"Oh okay. How about you freshen up for mommy,eat dinner and prepare for tonight's church service."

"What day is it again? oh no,Friday? Totally forgot and there was I thinking I'd go to Luke's."

"Aaw sweetie,it's okay. Just do as mommy say okay?"

"Sure. And mom,I'm sixteen and your squishing my face."

"Ooops,sorry. Go upstairs now. Love you."

" Yeah,yeah,love you too."