Chapter 2

After week of clearly trying to ignore me,I had managed to inform the school's guidance counselor about Lucas and how guilty I felt about breaking his heart.

Right before class started that day,Mr. Abramowitz,the guidance counselor, came to our class to settle my case with Lucas. He asked of Lucas to come up to me and hug me to verify that he's forgotten the past and that we're still friends. He smiled while hugging me. I could sense it.

Mr Abramowitz left the class knowing his job here was done. All day long,all that Lucas could do was to stare at me the whole day. He'd look right and straight in my eyes. I want to turn away but I don't,I stare back at him;much longer than I had expected it to last.

The teacher snapped him back into reality when a question was posed at him. In confusion, he asked the question all over again.

I got home that day to find Lucas' mom in our house in search of Lucas. Well,he's certainly not going to be at my place but as I took a step,I overhead her discuss with my mom that there's this Biology and Chemistry tutor who's been helping Lucas but from how Luke studies,he prefers the company of others just to have some academic competition. My mom willingly agrees. Whattt!!! Not Luke.

The next day,Luke walked up to me all happy leaving a note on my desk. Glad you'd be of my acquaintance. ♡ Wow,he sure seems really happy about it.

My friends teased me all through the semester until it was summer. I volunteered to attend summer school,not because I'm a poor student just to while away time studying. You know,summer school isn't all about being the dumbest kid in class,I find it as a time to study to get more understanding to old topics and sometimes new ones.

It became a new thing for me to going to Lucas' house after school. Lucas was really a competition. He pushes to study even if I don't want to. He makes me want to learn every new thing that's being discovered. I now get what his mother meant but there was something bothering me,he kept staring at me when we're studying something he knows better than I do.

It's summer time that means summer school is about to start. I get informed on what topics would be covered and the schedule. I was ready for it. I made another study schedule for vacation,this time,I had spared time to visit my neighbors to chat maybe play. They were younger than I was;not too young,I was three months older than one and the other,a year.

Summer school began. It went quite well on the first day. With all the "dumb ones",well not all that dumb,school went well. I gave them a challenge to get at least 7 questions on algebra for the teacher to assist us all solve.

On my way home,I stopped by at Luke's to send his mom a message from my mom's.I knock at the door and Luke opened it. "Hey". I say,then he gives me a smile. "Hi."he says and I smile back. "Is your mom in? My mom wants her to come help her with some stuff." I try not to look into his eyes but I'm as guilty as ever,i stare at him as if I had seen the most beautiful ice cream with the most decorative toppings ever!.... I snapped myself back into reality."What kinda stuff?" He asks me still smiling ,looking at me from the bottom to the top. "I dunno. She said she'll get what she meant by stuff." I tell him trying to look into the skies,beside me and my feet. " She ain't home now but I'll let her know you came by with this info."What is with this guy and smiling. He loves smiling way better than I. "Sure,thanks."

I get to the doorstep when Luke calls my name."Jane?".. I turn back at him with the most innocent look ever."Yeah" I say. "Where are you from? The tutor ain't coming in today you know." He looks puzzled as he speaks. " Yeah,I know. I'm from summer school. It's pretty cool. You should try it sometime". I try to look confident talking about it as I give him a smile. " Oh... oh,that's good. Cool. Okay,take care now. Goodbye." He bids me farewell ,closes the door and he peeps through the window to see me leave. I see him then wave at him as I schedule what I've got to do at home before I go to bed.

End of chapter.

Very short,I know. Busy with school so pardon me. Hope you enjoyed it. Keep reading and thanks for reading this chapter. Please do well to vote on it. If there are any suggestions,kindly comment too.♥Much love,xoxoxo.