Chapter 12: Play Date

SURPRISE UPDATE: Since I've been pretty much MIA for several months now I decided that it's only fair to give you guys a little extra. Like I said, the writer's block is gone so I'll be trying to crank out the chapters as fast and as well as possible! So this is just the first of many to come. So enjoy! I love you guys, and happy reading 🐻

Its been just over a week since the last time i spoke to Avi. Hes tried many, and i mean many, times to call and text me but i refuse to answer. I just cant talk to him after what happened at Jimmy Falon's party, especially since Kirstie still had him wrapped around her little finger after she said the things she did. One good thing came from that situation though: people got to see the true her. The cold, possessive her. 

Also, hanging out with Melanie, Johnny, and Mitch was really fun. We all seem to get along exceptionally, especially Johnny and Mitchie. He seemed into him but also kind of distant. I wonder what that was about. The Chinese food was great too. 

Emmet and Miranda were so mad that i ditched them though. I had a lot of explaining to do when i got home, which was much later than the others. What can i say? I was enjoying myself. I needed it after what happened between Kirstie and I. 

I also had to lie to Emmet about why i wasn't speaking with Avi. I didn't want him questioning me about the whole thing. I just told him that his schedule has been keeping him busier than usual but he seemed to be a bit skeptical, as per usual. But he eventually let up and accepted my falsified answer. 

And just like my lie about Avi, I had to keep myself busy to keep my mind off things. I both love and hate that about myself. I work best when i'm under a lot of stress. But that's how diamonds are made right? lots of heat, lots of pressure, and tons of anxiety, i'm sure. Seems to be working out though. Its just.. Mindless work and study is okay i guess. but there is always a lingering feeling of sadness about not being able to speak to Avi. Well, not necessarily unable to, more like unwilling to. Both he and Kirstie have hurt me and i just don't need to be feeling this at all. 

Im actually at work now, robotically making fraps and lattes. Today is a bit slower than usual so its hard to keep distracted with so much downtime. I decide that under the counter could use some cleaning. I grab my gloves and off brand cleaning spray and start my mission. As i'm getting into the nitty gritty of my fabulous scrubbing adventure, i hear the bell on the door ring. A customer. 

I don't bother getting up, Jill is manning the register so i'm sure she can handle one customer without me. I continue scrubbing to the sound of soft music playing in the background. Its "One Time" by Marian Hill, i love this song. I can hear Jill and the customer talking but i choose not to listen, my song is on.

Jill smiles brightly, "Welcome to Portfolio's Coffee House. What can i get you?"

"Let me get your dark french roast with whip and a chocolate drizzle. Whats do you have that's sweet for me to snack on?" the stranger asks kindly. 

Jill, being her bubbly self, immediately starts rifling off all the sweet treats we offer, which is many. After a few moments of thinking over his variety of options, the customer comes to a conclusion. "I think id like the double chocolate chip muffin. That sounds amazing."

Jill taps in his order onto the computer and reads back his requests, "So that's one large dark roast with whip and choco drizzle and a double chocolate chip muffin, is that right?"

"Yes Ma'am."

"That'll be $6.69. Can i get a name for your order?"

"Yes, my name is Benjamin."

"Cute name," Jill says. i can hear the flirtation in her voice over the music. Vomit. "My coworker will know when your things are ready. I'll get started on the drink. Hey Josh! Put down the Green Cleen and get up, you have a muffin to get ready."