EPILOGUE

Epilogue:

My dead body almost floats in my blood. Most of the on-lookers cry at my death, pitying that I stopped Ammut and died for it. My History Teacher is stuck in the elevator with the original five sinners.

“He died for us.” Katie said.

“He didn’t have to.” Brianna wept.

“All heroes have their downfalls.” Mrs. Heckerman said, coming closer. “But not like this.”

“What’s going to happen to us?” Kaley said.

“I don’t have a signal. We can’t contact help.” A seventh grader said.

“How are we going to explain this to the police?” Another voice said from the crowd.

“This isn’t about us! It’s about him!” Cried Victoria. She pointed at me.

“Wake up Clara and Crystal. Maybe they can fix him.” Aimee suggested.

People shook the two awake. They were puzzled.

“You can make him alive again, right?” They said.

“Where am I?” They replied.

The crowd stopped the effort. Some walked away, others, like my clique, stayed.

“Let us never forget him.” Mia said.

“For sure.” Daniela said.

Brianna let go of my body but still stared. I just lie there, dead.

         Suddenly Crystal stands over me and my blood and placed one hand up to my neck. She whispers an incantation. She lets go and stands by my side.

         I sit up and gasp in air.