Chapter 17 Fate's love song

I was sitting out on the patio, alone, watching the boys play outside. I was not feeling too well, so I stayed in, I didn't tell the boys because I didn't want them to worry over me getting sick had always been something that easily had happened. Father came up behind me, witch intern gave me quite a scare.
"Hailee, why don't you go play with the boys? it will help your bond grow even stronger with them," father said with a big smile upon his face.
"Maybe later." I sign and smile the best I can.
"Come on! it could be fun!" Father edges me on.
"Alright, alright," I sign while walking outside "am going."
Father smiles happily as I walked off. I feel sick to my stomach but I smile my best smile and join the boys outside. They were all playing baseball together.
"do you want to join in Hailee?" asked Mitchell ever so politely.
I nod yes, and smile at him happily.
"Hailee is on my team!" said Fate sounding very disappointed that I was apart of his team. I just kept smiling like I always do. We were playing out files while Mitchell's team was up to bat first. with one mighty swing, Mitchell hit the ball, I ran as fast as I could even though I didn't feel good. Mitchell rounded second, the ball still in the air, it began to descend to earth, I jumped forwarded and cot the ball, Mitchell was out. Everyone stared at me in disbelieve even Fate. I looked at them confused.
"no one has ever been able to ketch Mitchell's swings..... Hailee that was AMAZING!" Fate said and when he said that he turned bright red, "uummm... let's get back to the game!"
I nod happily, am starting to feel a lot better now. We had cot every ball they hit at us, but then that's when the bad thing happened. Fate phone went off he answered it and no one noticed he was not ready. Ben hit the ball, it was heading straight toward Fate.
"FATE!" I screamed, then jumped in front of him.

The ball had it Hailee right in the head as she protected Fate, her body fell lifelessly to the ground.
"HAILEE!" everyone yelled, Fate hurried and got down by Hailee's side.
"HAILEE WAKE UP! WAKE UP!!!" Fate yelled. Hailee was rushed to the hospital.
"Hi, Hailee James Conklin is your daughter correct?" asked the Doctor
everyone shot up.
" yes, well she adopted anyway, is she going to be okay?" My father asked with a concerned look upon his face.
"Well, she had a very bad head engager but shell be fine in that regard." said the doctor
"What do you mean is there something else wrong with Hailee?" asked my mother. Everyone looked at the doctor.
"Well, you see miss. Conklin is very ill and has been for a long time, she was suppose to tell u this but I guess she never did, did she?" Said the doctor.
"What do you mean she ill?" Said, my father.
"Miss. Conklin has a 50/50 chance of living before her next birthday her body is very weak she gets sick easily like she is now and with the years of abuse shes gone throw her kidneys are all messed up, no one has the same blood type as her because her blood type is very rare, also she has no living relatives so she is not compatible with other kidneys we have here." Said the doctor.
Everyone began to cry.
"Why didn't she tell me?" Said father in tries
"Because miss Conklin comes from a background of sadness and loss she knows how it feels to know someone will die she didn't want you all to be sad the whole time knowing the truth she much rather have everything happy until the end." Said another doctor standing by.
"Who are you?" Said, my mother.
"A friend of the Conklin family, Hailee has always been like a sister to me, I remember when we were kids and I was scared she always come sing me lullabies even though she was scared to, she was always more concerned for others than herself." Said the doctor "am Jack."
"Can I go in and see Hailee?" Said Fate
"Ya but only one at a time right now am afraid Hailee needs to rest and too many people can put stress on some." Said Jack. Fate grabbed his guitar and went to Hailee's hospital room. She lay there sleeping it looked like, she had bandages around her head, blankets around her cold body, and a bucket by her side.
"Am sorry it's my fault I wasn't paying attention, for what I've done I wish to sing you a song only for you." Said Fate. He closes his eyes little does he now Hailee is listing and watching him

FATES SINGING

~She's a whistle on the wind~
~Feather on the breeze~
~Ripple on the stream~

~She is, sunlight on the sea~
~She's a soft summer rain~
~ Falling gently through the trees~
~And I love her~
~She's cunning as a fox~
~Clever as a crow~
~Solid as a rock~
~She is, stubborn as a stone~
~She's a hard-headed woman~
~And the best one that I know~
~And I love her~
~Yeah well, I love her~
~She's as new as the springtime~
~ Strong as autumn blows~
~Warm as the summer and,~
~Soft as the snow~
~But she's everywhere I go~
~Cause I love her~
~She loves me like a woman~
~She looks like a lady~
~But she laughs like a child~
~And cries like a baby~
~I think that maybe, She's the one that's gonna save me~

"It's not your fault Fate." Said Hailee "That was a beautiful song thank you for creating such a beautiful song for me." Fate sat in shock over hearing Hailee Speak. He just leaned forward and hugged Hailee tight and began to cry. He gently kissed me.
"Your all set to go, just stay in bed for a couple of days and you'll be good as new!" Said, Jack
"Ok," I say shocking everyone
"D-did u just speak!?" Said, Nate
"Yes, yes I did," I say and smile at everyone happily. They all smile back.
When we got home I went to bed thing about this amazing day of Fates love song...