Chapter 5.5

(Hey guys, so my friend and I decided to write a special chapter for you guys to read. We would like to introduce John into the scene.This chapter ONLY will be written in John's POV. Hope you like him!)

John's POV

Alex was supposed to be mine. She was sweet, funny, popular and was the only girl who actually talked to me. Then Jack walks up and is this football quarterback / lawyer jock guy, who takes a boy's dreams of marrying his love.

"Hey Alex." I walked up to her, while she flipped her hair to see me.

"Hey John." She replied, turning back to her computer screen.

"So I was wondering, if you would like to go to the new Art Show." I asked her, pulling out the fresh ticket from my pocket and extending it to her.

"Sorry, but I have a boyfriend."

"You don't care about me?!"

"I do, but I love Jack."

"So you do care about me?" I asked, right as Jack started walking this way. Alex ran up and hugged him. I shyed away.

"Hey John, right?!" Jack asked, holding Alex's hand, a sign of being above my level.

"Hey Jack." I replied, almost breaking down in tears as Jalex kissed.

"Isn't your brother on the football team?"

"Yeah." I responded. My brother, Aaron, is one of the most popular guys in school, and was accepted into the Alpha Millions fraternity, where Jack was. He (my brother) made all the girls swoon. I unluckily was admitted to the Nerdy fraternity, after the Alphas decided I was perfect for the fraternity.

"Tell him I said hi." Jack asked, walking off to the girls' sorority with Alex and Emily.

I walked over to my fraternity, intimidated by the chipping gray paint and whistling through the pipes. The boys from 2 years ago were supposed to rennovate this place, but instead, went off to their jobs as computer scientists and engineers.

I opened my room, which was a frightning peach color, since this used to be a girl dorm. I laid down in my bed, and wrote yet another entry in my diary. Yes, I have a diary.

Dear Diary,

Today was the day I was this close (add a centimeter line segment here) to getting the girl of my dreams, Alex Conley. Her stupid boyfriend came up today, and physically ripped my heart. Kidding. I felt it though, the tear as I watched Jalex (their couple name) kiss.

I am supposed to be with Alex, and Jack can go run off with some trashy cheerleader for all that I care. I just want Alex. I should probably go to sleep now. I will probably cry myself to sleep.

Sincerely,

John

When I went to sleep, I felt this surge and woke up quickly. I was inside of a dream. I heard a tapping on the door, and thinking that it was just Ernie, asking for questions on his homework, I opened it. There she was, Alex Conley. She was so beautiful. Right then, I woke up, in a bed of sweat. Knowing in my heart, I had to have Alex, even if it meant getting Jack with my brother's girlfriend.