Part eleven

Chris' POV

I watch as Gizzelle picked up the phone and talk for a while. What's taking her so long, I thought. Who is she talking to?

After a few more minutes of her talking, she finally stopped. The phone slipped out of her hand and fell. I sat there for a while, expecting her to say something but nothing happened. "Gizzelle?" I called. She didn't answer.

"Giz, what happened?" Lily asked. Still no answer. I saw Gizzelle get up and sat up, watching her. Then she fainted. "Oh shit!" I cursed as I raced off the bed to her rescue. I've never seen her like this. She seems like a happy person. Not one to cry every day and night or be sad.

"Mom," Lily called, crying. I rubbed her back and took Gizzelle up bridal style putting her on her bed. Just then, their mom came rushing in the room. "What happened?" she asked looking at me and Lily. Her eyes landed on Gizzelle and she covered her mouth with her hands before saying, "My baby."

"Oh my god, mom is she okay?" Lily asked. What am I doing here? I shouldn't be here. "Uh, I'm gonna leave now. See you tomorrow," I said. They didn't answer so I walked out. I went down the stairs then out the door once I was there.

While I was walking, I couldn't help but think about what Lily said at the hospital.

"You know, if you really like her tell her and get her for yourself before someone else does," she said.

She's right. But how am I supposed to do that when this is wrong timing.

I sighed, I guess I'll have to wait.

After I reached home, the house was quiet. I opened the door and walked in and to my surprise everywhere was dark.

"Ana!" I called out. No answer. I looked at the clock to my left and it was 6:30 p.m.

My eyes landed on the calendar under the clock and there was a red circle, circling an event. I squinted my eyes and walked over to the calendar.

Grandma and Grandpa's Appointment July 16

Was what it circled. I widened my eyes and dug my pocket for my phone.

I powered it on and I had 15 missed calls from Ana. I started to mutter profanities and kick the air. I sighed and combed my hand through my hair. What will my sister or grandparents think of me? That I love my friends more than my family? That I would prefer watch my family die more than help them to the hospital?

If they do think that low of me, I guess I have no other choice but to tell 'em why I'm always absent.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

•Vote

•Comment

•Share

•Follow