Chapter 12

Sarah's PoV

The slim chances were getting bigger and bigger by the minute. The doctored said I would have to go into surgery because of a brain tumor at the end of the week.

"Tim....", he was crying.

"Tim. Don't worry about it. Adam will let us borrow some money", we were in debt. Almost 2500 dollars in debt.

"Tim please stop crying", my eyes started to get watery. I hated when Tim cried because. He was just so depressing looking. When I was in the hospital he would cry so much.

"Tim", I started to cry like him and he got up out of the room to answer the phone.

"Hello. Yea. You want to speak with her. Ok thank you", he motioned the phone to me. Realizing what he said, I rolled my wheelchair over to the phone.

Sarah -Hello?
Doctor -hello miss fox
Sarah -hi how are you
Doctor -I'm good but you might not be after this news. Your tumor has been worse so your gonna come in tomorrow, Then, after we'll see when your ready.
Sarah-okay thank you for the news.
Doctor -no problem.

"What was that about?", i looked at him.

"I need to take a ride. I need uh to just go for a ride in the car alone", he nodded his head and helped me get in the car. I moved the seat forward so I could reach the peddle and started driving slowly.

"Call me if something happens", I smiled at him weakly and started to drive away.

"Adam. I just. Don't know what to do", I spoke on the Bluetooth chip and it was silent for a moment.

"Well. I could loan you some money. How much are you in debt?", I stopped the car.

"Adam. Adam. Adam. There t-there's a car crash", he tried to keep me calm.

"Go check their pulses", I tried to stand up and held myself up for a little bit. Walking and limping over to the 2 motionless people on the ground, I checked their pulses, not their faces.

"Adam. I. I got a. A heartbeat", it was silent for a moment.

"Can you. you come. To uh. Route. 34. The almost vacant street with the woods next to it", I could hear him shuffle a bit.

"Yea yea. Don't call the police yet. I wanna see who this is we're dealing with", he stayed on the phone with me the whole way there.

"Hello his is 911? What is your emergency", u called 911 once Adam showed up. He started checking the profiles of the people.

"Uh. I need help", I stuttered.

"What's going on ma'am", I turned to the body's.

"My friends. They got in a car crash. Please help me", I could hear her yelling in the background.

"Ok miss. Please stay on the phone. Can you tell me any other details", I started having a panic attack

"Uh. I. I don't know", at that moment, the police arrived.

"Are you ok. Ma'am. can you hear me?", I leaned against the car and stared off into space.

"Tim. Uh. I. I need help", I whispered. A ambulance took both of the people into one ambulance and checked me out in the other.

"Honey. How are you this fine afternoon", I looked up at her.

"Not good. I have a brain tumor which I have to get checked for tomorrow and I have cancer and life isn't good", she rubbed my arm with a alcohol prep and stuck a needle into my arm.

"Well honey. It's good that you called us", she smiled at me.

"I have to go home now. My brother is waiting for me", she nodded her head and helped me get in my car. Once I left, they left shortly after. I got home and fell asleep on the couch.