Chapter 7: The Start Of An "Us"?

This is unedited. If you see a mistake (I'm pretty sure that there's a lot) please kindly poiny it out and I'll fix it.

Sorry for the shitty chapter ahead. Enjoy!

*****

Even after the Ferris Wheel ride has finished, the tingling sensation that I felt all over my body still lingered. There's almost no space in between us now—courtesy to Rein's effort—and his hand never left mine. It didn't help cease the heat on my face so I kept looking down, avoiding his gaze as much as I can.

But of course, Rein being the overly worried little shit he is, noticed my behavior.

I felt him squeezed my hand, making me look up to see a worried look on his face. "Are you okay?"

"Yes, I am." He really is worried about me, huh? I set my gaze straight to his eyes to meet his gaze and gave him a reassuring look. "Don't worry."

"Why is your face red, then? It surely isn't from heat." He stopped, thinking for a moment before a sly grin broke out of his features. "Oho, are you blushing? You're blushing, aren't you?"

I tried my best to stop myself from blushing, giving him a sharp look. "I'm not, why would you even fucking think of that?"

He tutted. "Tsk, tsk, tsk. Do I look so damn good that I made you blush?"

I kicked him on the shin, making him wince, his hand moving to clutch it. He shot me an offended look in which I replied with a mask of indifference on my face. "Ow, that hurts."

"That's for you being a shitty brat."

I quickly walked away, leaving a laughing Rein behind. He followed soon after he finished having a good amount of laugh, his subject not being funny at all.

Poking my side, he started to ask me, "Hey, are you mad?"

I'm not mad, I'm just irritated. Who wouldn't be if someone made fun of you when you're blushing? It's not like you can fucking control it.

I didn't answer and remained silent, keeping fixing my gaze ahead of me while ignoring Rein. But he kept on being stubborn, something that the Yeager twins are very good at. Once they set their heart on something, they wouldn't stop at anything just to get it.

So in response to him I also acted stubborn, willing myself to ignore his apologies. It was proven hard, considering that I almost always give in easily to them since we were kids, but I won't do it this time.

"Hey, Levi, talk to me." He's still poking me, not stopping even once. He then wrapped his hand around my forearm, starting to tug it. "Sorry if I made you angry."

He sounded so awfully honest that I couldn't help but sigh and give in. I scolded myself in my mind, scolded how I was so easily swayed by him despite acting the complete opposite when it comes to others but I'm not having any of it. Instead, I sighed and stopped to look at him with seriousness.

"Fucking stop poking me if you still want to go home with your shitty fingers completely attached."

"But you're mad at me."

He is now wearing a sad expression, like a child who didn't get the toy that they want. I rolled my eyes at the sight and punched his shoulder lightly.

"I'm not mad at you. I'm just irritated that you're making fun of the redness of my face."

"But you're so cute like that!"

I once again shot him a glare, eventually closing my eyes and letting him have his way. We went silent after that, threading the path with our hands connected as we walked past through a swarm of crowd.