Chapter 19: The Bitter Truth

Okay, a few days ago, @DracoOkamiDemon  left a message on my message board and I was surprised at what they said. I went to their profile and saw this...

They made a fanart for Love Me Or Leave Me! I am so, so glad that I want to share it to you guys

They made a fanart for Love Me Or Leave Me! I am so, so glad that I want to share it to you guys. Thank you for the support and understanding :) You all make me happy.

P.S. Look at how small Levi is. And they didn't forget the flower crown. Ahhh!

*****

Days after Rein's apology and confession, everything went smoother. It's like a boulder was lifted off of my shoulder and even though there's still a heavy feeling that's leaving a hole in my chest, it felt lighter, more bearable. Rein took everything easy, which I am thankful for. I don't know what I'll fucking do if ever a fight breaks between those two.

I let out another sigh, stretching my arms, neck and back, feeling my bones pop into place. I'm sore from sitting too long and studying, almost stood up and just leave it behind, but I chose not to. I need to do this if I want to actually pass my subjects.

Rein and I decided to go to the city library to study together even though we aren't taking up the same course. We took our seats in the most unused part of the library, the furthermost corner in the second floor of the place, where we are sure that little to no amount of people would be there. We weren't disappointed with what we saw when we arrived and since then we started studying.

Rein came back with a couple of books in hand. Placing the book on top of the table, he plopped down the chair unceremoniously, throwing his head back with a groan.

"Oh. What's this? The genius kid's already giving up?" My teasing tone caught Rein's attention. Slowly, he lifted his head up, looking at me with a playful glint in their eyes.

He scoffed. "Who said that?"

"Me. Obviously."

He sighed, letting his head fall back again. "It's just that it's tiring. Christmas is just around the corner and we're still neck deep with works."

"Stop whining and do actual work. That would help you unlike whining."

We went back to our works after that. I kept on writing the book review that I needed to pass two days from now, my fingers flying across my laptop's keyboard as words continue to show up in the screen. Rein was busy reading the books he took earlier and with the both of us not bothering to talk, the only sounds that can be heard are the sounds of my fingers tapping the keyboard and his occasional flipping of pages.

As I finish the book review, I saved the document into my file folder for my requirements and shut my laptop off. I took a few moments to rest my eye from the strain and decided to look around. My eyes barely caught it and thought that I was only seeing things, but I quickly snapped my head back to where I saw the familiar figure. And there, sitting alone, is Eren.