Dora

Dora perspective.

I had counted every sunrise and if I was right we had been here for 2 weeks and 3 days. I paced the small room, back and forth. It was 6 strides long and 5 strides wide.  Every other day before sundown they would take me to a white room. It was completely  sterile. They would seat me in this old metal chair and strap me in and try to induce as much stress on me as possible. They were foolish to think I would just give them what they wanted. I focused on my heart beat. I had to keep it even , my breathing couldn't falter.  In times like this I would often day dream about home.

"I'm gonna find you!" Her voice echoes through the house. I was doing my best to keep quite but I couldn't help the giggle that escaped from my lips.  I curled up into a small baller, clutching the biscuit tin like my life depended on it.  I heard her feet pound up the stairs. She entered our parents room. The room I was in. I held my breath. My heart was beating rapidly in my chest. She walked around the bed and I could see her feet as she inspected every inch of this room. Without warning she dropped to the floor and gazed under the bed. "Gotcha!" She screamed making a lunge for me. I dart away but she grabs my ankle and yanks me back. I squirm in her arms as she gave me a big hug. "Get off!" I moan. She yanks the tin from my grasp and lets go of me. "Ok" she smirks, opening the tin. I stared up at her dumbfounded. She was going to eat MY biscuits. "Hope!" I wailed "pleaseeee give them back!" She merely took a cookie out the tin and bit into it maintaining eye contact. A smile spreading across her face. "Ok monster, you can have them." She said bending down "but you have to catch me first!" And with that she turned and ran. Our laughter echoes through the house.

2 weeks and 5 days.
Today was different. They hadn't come. It's was unusual for them to be late. A feeling of dread flowed through me. Just as I lay down on my bed the door opened.  I gazed up, it was the same elderly lady that always came. But she wasn't wearing a hazmat suit this time. They had the cure. My heart sank.
"Come on darling." She called to me a hand outstretched. I slid off the bed. It was useless to try and fight them. I walked past Dr. Read, ignoring her hand. 2 guards we're infront of me with Dr. Read behind me. I thought it was unnecessary seeing as I knew exactly where this room was.
Much to my surprise they walked straight past it.  What was going to happen?  I was led outside into the courtyard they held us in when we were first brought here.  There was hundreds of them. 
A big screen was fitted in the centre of the far wall. As I approached a figure become more and more obvious she was slumped forward in the chair. Her face hidden by her hair but still, I would know her anywhere. Hope.
I flinched when I felt a hand on my shoulder. "She's losing a lot of blood." The elderly lady said, faining concern.  If you didn't get to close to her you may have thought she was beautiful but her blue eyes were dead. They didn't shine. What ever she has done to be standing here today clearly haunted her. "I'm not sure how much longer she can hang on." She continued "of course if you cooperate we maybe able to save her. Otherwise you can stand here and watch her die, knowing it was all your fault." She smirked. Tears pricked my eyes.  I Couldn't lose the only person I had left.  As selfish as it was I needed her and I would do anything for her. All my memories came hurtling back, every time she had put her neck on the line to save me. Every laugh. Every smile. Every good and bad thing I had ever experienced she had been there. I couldn't lose her.
Before I even knew what I was doing, I released it. I had throw my head back. Eyes shut tight. Dropping to my knees as I flung my arms out. I felt the warmth flow through my body telling me it had started. I wasn't sure how far it spread but everyone in the courtyard had callopsed. The realisation of what was happening, What I was doing hit me and I felt the air knocked out of me.
I pulled it back.
How many innocent people would I kill if I continued?
"Keep going!" The elderly lady demanded. I focused  on my breathing. I focused on the steady beat of my heart. I closed my eyes, blocking out the picture on the screen and let memories consume me instead. A loud bang sounded through the compound. I span to see hundreds of trucks streaming through the gates. Prometheus.