Chapter 2 - I Told My Boyfriend That I'm Having His Baby...

I'm Going to Be A Mom... At 17?! (A Teen Pregnancy Story)

Chapter 2 - I Told My Boyfriend That I'm Having His Baby...

Emily was at my house, and we were doing our homework. Well that's what Dad thought we were doing. (Dad was at a business party.) But we were really just talking about the baby. Emily had taken the news fairly well - she hadn't suddenly become my worst enemy, so that was good. She was really shocked at first, but then she calmed down. And then she got really excited. All she did nowadays was talk about my pregnancy, but she was careful to change the subject whenever there were people around.

"If it's a girl," she started for the millionth time, "what are you going to name her? What about Rachel? That's a pretty name."

"I don't know Em, I'm not far in enough to be worrying about names. I'm only two weeks pregnant."

"How about Amber? Or Rosalie? Rosalie," she sighed. "That's such a pretty name."

"Mm-hm," I said enthusiastically, absorbed in a magazine. I wasn't really paying attention.

"When are you going to tell your dad? Or Mason?" She propped herself up on her elbows and put her chin in her hands.

My face felt heated, and immediately my pulse picked up. "Emily, we went over this already. I plan to tell them at the last moment possible."

"That's the worst. Idea. Ever," she told me. "Eventually they're gonna find out, and it won't be easy for your dad to take the news if you don't tell him first. And Mason," she said. "You HAVE to tell Mason. He's the baby's father for god's sake!"

"I KNOW!" I yelled, throwing the magazine across the room. I threw my head on my pillow, covering my face with my hands. "Ughhhh," I said. "I WAS SUCH AN IDIOT!"

Emily patted my arm, which was far from being comforting, but at least she cared. "We're going to call Mason right now. He's going to come to the house, and you're going to tell him. Okay?"

"NO!" I yelled, running to my purse to snatch my phone away before she could get it. I zipped it open, frantically searching inside for it. But it wasn't there. I turned around to see Emily, by the doorway, waving the phone in her hand with a huge grin plastered on her face. My eyes popped out of my head. "GIVE IT!" I launched at her, but she was quick and raced to the bathroom. She stopped in front of the toilet, holding the phone over the edge. "Take one more step and it goes," she threatened, panting.

"Nooo, Emily," I whined. "We can't tell him. Please give me my phone back."

"No."

"Emily! Come on."

She looked to the side, then back at me. She hung her head in defeat and held out the phone. "Fine."