truths.

The faint sound of the coffee machine woke Lily up. She slowly fluttered her eyes open, and immediately felt a weight on her head. Bringing her hand up to her head, she felt a damp cloth laying across her forehead, which she removed as she sat up. Her eyelids felt heavy as she scanned her room, seeing she was lay on her bed. A glass of water sat on her bedside table, next to her phone. As she reached for her phone it started to vibrate, as if on cue. She saw Sarah's name across the screen before answering it in confusion.

"Hello?" She answered, in a quiet raspy voice.

"Oh thank God! Lily, I've been texting you all day. I though something happened to you!" Sarah replied, all very quickly.

"I, I think I fainted when I got home. I don't remember, I just woke up in my bed." She looked around, patting her bed cover and clearing her throat.

"What? Are you okay? Do you want me to come and get you? What happened?" The older woman panicked.

"No, no. I'm fine." Lily smiled faintly at her teacher's voice. "Hamish told my dad that I hit him."

"That bastard." Lily could tell that Sarah was angry by the change of tone in her voice. "I swear, if I could.. I'd kill him myself."

"I know you would." The young blonde sighed. "I don't know what to do."

"Listen to me. If you don't want to be at home, you are always welcome here. I will come and get you any time. You know that, right? I care about you a lot, and I want you to feel safe and happy." Sarah trailed on. Lily sat there, feeling all giddy. She wasn't used to anybody treating her like this, she didn't know how to take it. But it made her feel special, and she was indeed falling in love with this woman.

"Thank you so much, Sarah. I know, and I'm so grateful. I'll talk to my dad, and I'll text you, okay?"

"Okay, babe." She got back. Lily felt a smile tugging at her lips from the pet name.

She ended the call before slipping out of bed and making her way down the stairs. Her house was fairly big, including the attachment her dad had put on the back of the house for the back living room and dining area.

Her right hand brushed against the banister as she reached the bottom step. Lightly walking towards her dad's office, she saw that he wasn't there. So she decided to check the kitchen.

As she walked through the door she saw her dad cooking. Her heart was beating pretty fast, she felt nervous to see him, like she was in trouble or something.

When her dad spotted her standing in the doorway he lifted his glasses to rest on his head. "How are you feeling?" He asked sweetly.

"I-..Fine, I guess." She stuttered. Walking over to the stove. "What are you cooking?"

"Lasagna." He chirped. "Hamish is coming over, I want to talk to the two of you."

Lily's heart dropped.

"W-what? Why is he coming over?" She questioned.

"Because. We need to sort out this petty argument you guys are obviously having. If you're going to marry this guy, we ne-"

"Woah. I'm not marrying him." Lily said rudely, suddenly a sense of confidence in her voice. "Dad, he hits me!"

David immediately stopped his actions and looked at Lily. "What?"

Looking down at her feet, she sighed. "He has been for a while. That's why he was in hospital, because I finally fought back. I was defending myself!" She explained, her voice shaking and her palms sweating.

"Lily... How come you've never told me before?" He put down his things and pulled his daughter in for a long hug.

"I was scared. I am scared. I thought you wouldn't believe me." She started to cry.

"Of course I believe you. You're my daughter." He hugged her tightly.

Pulling out of the hug her turned the stove off. "I'm going out."

"Dad, where?" Lily asked in panic.

"To his house. He's not getting away with this. How dare he." He said, his anger building up from realising the truth.

"You can't, please don't! It will make things worse!" The blonde shouted.

"Lily. You are never seeing him again, don't you worry. I'm going to the police, are you coming with me?" He asked sternly.

Shaking her head slowly she stepped back. "No."

He grabbed his keys before heading for the door. "I don't know when I'll be home." She jumped when the door slammed.

She stood for a few minutes, trying to process all that had just happened. Before running upstairs to her room. She unlocked her phone, almost dropping it from how much she was shaking. She opened up a new message with Sarah before typing...

'I need you to come and get me ASAP. Xx Lily.'

She clicked send and shuffled through her closet, getting some clothes and stuff for overnight. She had school tomorrow, but all she cared about now was being with Sarah. She needed to forget Hamish, and be happy. She wanted to feel loved, and she knew that the only person who could make her feel loved... was Sarah.

To be continued...