safe.

Saturday.

Sarah and Lily hadn't spoke about what happened last Monday, but they were very flirtatious with each other in class and would talk for hours after school. They became a lot closer throughout the week but Lily had been too afraid to text her teacher ever since she had been given her number. She didn't want to freak her out, she wanted to make this work and not be too forward. She wasn't quite sure what they were but there was definitely something between the two. Sarah was always the last thing on Lily's mind at night, she'd get butterflies whenever she saw her bright smile first thing in the morning when she walked into class and always felt sad when she had to leave her to go home.

12:14am

Sarah was asleep in bed, she doesn't normally go to bed this early but she'd had a long day looking after Grace. She was woken up by her phone ringing, she ignored it at first but picked it up when the sound got annoying. 'Who the hell is calling me so late at night?' She thought to herself when she saw it was a number she didn't recognise.

"Hello?" She answered groggily.

"S-Sarah?" She heard crying on the other line. It was Lily.

"Lily? Are you alright?" She suddenly became wide awake when she heard the faint cries coming from her student.

"I-He hit me again, I knocked him out. He's hurt badly Sarah, I-I don't know what to do." Lily panicked, trying to catch her breath from crying.

"Where are you? I'll come and get you." Sarah said as she got out of bed.

"N-No. You don't have to. I'm walking down Grove Road, I'm scared." Lily sniffled.

"Lily, I'm coming to get you." Sarah said sternly down the phone.

"O-Okay."

"I'll be there as quick as I can, stay where you are. Don't move. Okay?" She said sweetly.

"I won't move." Lily replied, stopping herself from crying.

Sarah ended the call and put some shoes on. She didn't bother to get changed but put a jacket on as she grabbed her car keys and rushed out of the house.

It didn't take long to get to where Lily was, she drove down the road trying to spot her. Until she finally did, she was sitting on a wall with her arms folded, she had a thin shirt on and leggings.

Sarah pulled up at the side of the road. When Lily spotted her, she stood up. Sarah got out the car and walked towards her. Lily had tears cascading down her face, she immediately hugged her teacher and broke down on her shoulder.

"Lily, you're freezing." Sarah spoke softly as she stroked her hair. "Come on."

Lily pulled out of the hug and held her teachers hand as she was lead into the passenger side of the car. Sarah got in the drivers seat and faced the younger woman who was clearly broken.

She noticed that she had a black eye, her heart ached looking at her. She couldn't believe somebody would do something like this to her, she wished she could go and kill that motherfucker herself.

"Do you want to tell me what happened?" Sarah reached out for Lily's hand and held it, warming her up.

"He was drunk again, h-he punched me and tried to strangle me, b-but I hit him over the head with his beer bottle." The younger blonde explained, holding back tears. "He passed out, what if I k-killed him, Sarah?" She added in a whisper as a tear fell down her pale skin.

"He won't be dead, shhh." She pulled the student into a tight embrace. "Believe me, I wish he was."

Lily stopped crying and rested silently on Sarah's shoulder. Her warmth made her feel safe, her scent was always her favourite. She became more relaxed when she felt her teacher tracing small circles on her back with her fingertips.