Chapter Twelve.

Éponine POV

We walked down a few streets, then walked in the same direction for a good long while. I started shivering, I told myself it was because I was trying to get even more sympathy, but deep down I knew I was just actually cold. I also started into a coughing fit that wasn't an act as well. Perhaps I have actually have gotten sick. Or maybe I've been sick for a long time. Never the less Enjolras picked me up, carrying me in his large, helping arms. I looked up to protest immediately but, soon realised this was only helping my plan, so I let him carrying me all the way to his house and up the stairs. Not that I wanted to, I had fallen asleep. I cursed myself a bit for being so tired. I didn't get a chance to do or look at anything. I didn't even know where I was.

Enjolras POV

We walked for a bit, and soon the only thing to be heard was the clattering sound of the young ladies teeth, and the loud, husky cough she could not contain.

I knew she was sick, she should save her energy. With out even a warning I stopped and lifted her off her feet. I awaited some sort of objection perhaps, but I could tell after a minute she wouldn't be objecting, for she had fallen asleep. I walked her into my house. It was small, but I took pride in how well kept or was. This is mainly because its unused and well, all my mess is in my office. I walked her through my front door and took her to the large guest room and laid her down. I was hesitant about doing anything else but I knew she would need warmth, so I tucked her in. All of this is so strange and different to me, but it felt nice to take care of someone. This is a side of me I had never discovered until now.