Chapter 21: Today's a new day.

Yn POV

I rubbed my eyes and sat up in the bed. I looked over and Cj was laying next to me still asleep. I got out of bed and walked to the bathroom. I turned on the shower and walked back out and grabbed some clothes out of my bag. I walked back to the bathroom and hopped in the shower. I washed my body and rinsed my hair. I rinsed off and got out and dried off. I put on some sweats and a sports bra. I walked out and saw Cj was awake and playing with his feet.

" Hey baby boy. " I said picking him up.

" Ohh waaa. " he said smiling.

 I chuckled and laid him in his carrier. I grabbed my sweatshirt and put it on. I grabbed Cj's baby bag and picked up his carrier and walked out the door. I took the elevator down to the lobby and got in my car. Did I mention I had Kai Lan send it up here? I don't know how but she did. I buckled Cj up and drove off towards my mom's house. I really wanted to see Ray and tell him that I'm pregnant. I don't expect him to be happy about it because he's my step-brother. He atleast deserves to know. I pulled up at her house and parked in the driveway. She's going to be surprised when she sees me. Let alone Cj. I got out and got Cj out of his carrier and walked up to the door. I still have my key but I thought it would be rude of me to just walk in. I knocked on the door and I heard some shuffling inside. The door opened slowly and my mom appeared. She looked...broken. I noticed some bruises on her face and I could tell that she tried to hide them with make-up.

'' Yn baby? '' she asked opening the door all the way.

'' Hey mom. '' I said. '' Can I come in? ''

She hesitated and looked behind her.

'' Um sure. Come in come in. '' she said.

I walked inside and the house looked horrible. It smelled even worse. There were clothes all on the floor the couch and table in the living room was gone. The table in the kitchen was replaced by an old poker table. There were cigar butts and cigarette butts every where on the floor. 

'' Mom....what happened? '' I asked walking around.

'' W-What do you mean? '' she asked nervously rubbing her arms.

'' Mom, you know what I mean. What is all of this? I mean look at the house , its ruined and look at you. I can see the bruises on your face. Who did this? Did Marcus do this? '' I asked getting angry.

She sighed and some tears rolled onto her cheeks.

'' Yes Yn. I don't know why. Ever since Ray left---"

I cut her off.

'' Wait a minute. What do you mean Ray left? '' I asked.

'' Yn , a lot has happened since you left. Ray felt it was your fault you ran away so he , he. '' she stopped.

'' He what mom? What did he do? '' I asked.

'' He tried to kill himself Yn. He cut himself multiple times on his arm and he passed out so we took him to the hospital. When he was able to leave his mother--- "

'' His mother? '' I asked in shock.

'' Yeah , so she came and he decided to go and live with her down in Florida. He came and got his stuff and we haven't talked to him since. Marcus was furious when he left and he started smoking and drinking and he sold all of my stuff so he could continue his habit and he started beating me. I can't do anything about it. ''

'' Mom have you tried to leave? '' I asked getting even angrier.

'' I have , but he just finds me and brings me back home and beats me for leaving. '' she said bursting into tears.

'' Mom you're coming to live with me in Atlanta. You aren't staying here anymore. Get your things. ''

'' No Yn I can't. He'll just find me and bring me back. I can't put you in danger. I can't lose another child. '' she cried out.