Steak Solves All Problems

No one really knew how to tell Nana about what had happened, so they opted not to say anything in the end. Law wasn't sure if her PTSD would affect her memory, figuring that she may not even remember at all. Still, the thought of having to break the news that her granddaughter had been sexually assaulted wasn't a pleasant one, and even Law, who'd witnessed worse things, decided it best that the older woman never knew. He would leave that decision up to Lexi herself, who still only left her room to go to the bathroom and accept meals from Bepo.

They'd learned quickly that the only person, or bear rather, allowed to interact with her at the moment was Bepo, since she refused to open the door to anyone but him. Several times, she'd asked for him to spend some time just sitting with her up there, and he was too concerned about her to refuse.

Shachi and Penguin would ask how she was doing once he came out again, but he'd only shake his head and shrug. This wasn't a satisfactory answer for the two engineers, who was worried sick about their host and friend.

"She doesn't want to talk about it." He'd respond, and that was the end of that. Law suspected that if Lexi had said something to Bepo while they were alone, he wouldn't repeat it anyways, simply out of courtesy for her. After all, Bepo was a very noble creature, a trait often times overlooked because of his sensitivity.

"Leave it be." Law input on one such occasion, drawing the attention of his subordinates.

"But, Captain, Lexi's been up there for days! What if she's not ok?" Penguin had cried in desperation. He missed his friend, especially knowing that everything wasn't alright. One stern look from Law stopped him short, however.

"Lexi-ya will come out when she is ready. Give her time." They shut up and looked away begrudgingly, knowing their leader was right. But all this worry wasn't doing them any good.

Law was having a hard time following his own advice, catching himself unconsciously gaze towards the top of the stairs, waiting to hear the gentle creak of her door open and see her walk down to greet them. Long periods of time in isolation wasn't recommended, or especially healthy for a broken mind, but he supposed there was nothing for him to do about it anyways. Lexi was strong. She'd cope with her damaged psyche as she saw fit.

He hoped before too long. Having to rely on an older woman with an even more damaged psyche for their meals night after night was extremely stressful.

And he supposed he was worried about Lexi as well. Though he would only admit that once.

But it would seem that today would be the start of things moving forward, since Law heard Lexi's footsteps approach her door upstairs. Glancing up from his position on the couch, he saw the edge of her door as it creaked open. Everyone's attention was drawn to the sound, and they watched as a very rumpled and exhausted Lexi moved to stand at the top of the stairs.

Her tired eyes surveyed the living room, slowly scanning it to rest on each person for a few seconds, before moving to the next thing. No one said anything for a long time, as Lexi just stood there and watched. Penguin moved to stand, the first one to recover.

"Lexi-" He started, but she cut him off.

"Is Nana alright?" She asked, her voice rather hoarse. The question was directed at Law, since her gaze wouldn't leave his. After a moment of thought, he nodded silently. She returned the gesture, more to reassure herself than anything, and turned around without another word.

Law feared she would simply return to her room to wallow in her own sorrow some more, but was pleased to hear the bathroom door close instead. The lock turned and the sound of the shower turning on followed a moment later. It seemed after days of not bathing, she was getting herself cleaned up a bit.