Get Off My Couch

"Clean this mess up right now!" Lexi shouted, glaring at the two idiots and pointing towards the kitchen. They hung their heads and skulked into the room, picking up empty tin cans and grabbing rags to wipe down the counters. The microwave hung halfway open, the inside covered in exploded ravioli sauce. Several boxes lay scattered on the ground in front of the pantry.

Eyebrow twitching, Lexi was startled out of her anger by a timid voice coming through her phone. "Hello? Lexi, is everything alright?" Dr. Pierce asked in concern.

"Oh! Yes, sorry Dr. Pierce, we just...have guests over." She laughed nervously, shifting the phone on her shoulder.

"That's quite alright. I assume this call is about Donna?" Lexi walked to the broom closet on the other side of the kitchen, grabbing the broom and mop while balancing the phone between her ear and shoulder. Thrusting the cleaning supplies into the engineers' hands, she wandered back into the living room.

"Yes, she's having another severe episode. She doesn't know who I am this time, so I was wondering what you suggest I do."

Law raised an eyebrow in interest, but she ignored the pirate. She lounged across the opposite side of the couch Law occupied, kicking her shoes onto the floor with a sigh. Feeling selfish, she moved to lay on her back, pushing against the man to make more room for her. He frowned and resisted against her.

"Are you a child?" He asked incredulously, and she only smiled.

"Is she physically violent?" The doctor asked, and Lexi looked to Bepo while covering the receiver.

"Has she been violent?" She asked quietly. From the kitchen, she heard Shachi shout in fear.

"She almost chopped my arm off with a knife!" Pursing her lips, she paused.

"Yup, perhaps more so than usual." She answered. Over the phone, Lexi could hear a pen scratching across paper, the doctor taking her usual notes.

"And how long has this episode been going on for?" Law tried once again to push at Lexi's feet, but she only pressed harder. She dug them behind his back and tried shoving him outwards.

"When did she start getting like this?" The bear paused.

"Maybe four hours?" He estimated.

"Several hours, 3 or four." Dr. Pierce sighed deeply.

"That's pretty long to be having an episode. I would strongly recommend you bring her to my office if at all possible. I've got the necessary tools here to help her back into a lucid state."

Lexi glanced at the clock. It was only 3:24. There was plenty of time to drive Nana over. The only problem was the four 'guests.' She really didn't want to have to deal with one PTSD-stricken grandmother and four potential criminals all at one time. In a confined space like her truck. That would be something close to hell.

"I'll see what I can do." Lexi sighed, saying goodbye and hanging up the phone. She let her arm go limp, falling to the side and dangling over the side of the couch. Law glared back at her.

"What?" She asked, fully aware of what his problem was, but she just wanted to push his buttons for no reason. She hadn't seen him angry at all, and that made her curious.

"I don't appreciate your attempts to push me off of your furniture." She smirked, feeling triumph when it made him glare angrier.

"Well, see, that's the key word. My furniture. Who says you're allowed on it anyway?" He scowled, and she stuck her tongue out childishly. She may be an adult, but she was allowed her small moments of fun, right?