Chapter 2

*Alex's POV*

As we were getting closer to the building were I live, there was a mob of paparazzi and fans. I sighed and looked at the mirror. I saw Charlie playing with my ball. I smiled. I looked back at the road and the paparazzi mobbed us. I stopped the car infront of the building and I waited until security came.

My security guard, Mark, opened the door and helped me out. I went to the back seat and opened the door. I unbuckled Charlie and carried him. He was shaking and crying. "It's okay baby. I'm gonna put a jacket over you okay" I said. And he nodded his head.

I put a jacket over him and closed the door. As Mark helped us, a worker from the building I live in, grabbed my car keys and drove the car to the parking lot.

We were inside the building and Mark closed the doors. As I made to the elevator, I took the jacket off and looked at Charlie. He was clutching on to me as he cried and trembled. "Charlie, it's over now. You're safe" I said.

He slowly started to calm down. Mark then came and sighed. "These people are crazy" he said.

I nodded my head as I was holding Charlie. "Yeah. Especially the paparazzi" I said.

"Hey, who's this little guy?" Mark asked as we walked inside the elevator. 

"This is Charlie. I just adopted him today" I said smiling. I noticed that he was calm and that he had stop crying and trembling.

"Aww, he's a cute little thing" Mark said. I smiled and thanked him.

"Hey, Charlie, this is Mark. He's a nice guy. Can you say hi?" I asked Charlie. He waved at make and then he sucked his thumb. Mark chucked and smiled.

"How old is he?" Mark asked.

"He's three" I said. "Hey Mark? Do you think you can help me out?"

Mark nodded his head. "Yeah. On what?"

"Well, like helping me buy a car seat and some toys for him. And help me make a room for him. I'll pay you extra" I said. Mark smiled and chuckled.

"No need to pay me extra. Sure I'll help you out. But under one condition" he said.

"What?"

"You'll go out one a date with me?" He said. I blushed and smiled. I nodded my head.

"Deal" I said. Mark and I are really close. I know he has a crush on me and I have a crush on him but I don't show it. So I'm guessing he's taking his chance.

(Apartment)

We made it to my apartment and I set Charlie down so he can walk around and discover. As he walked off, I leaned on the kitchen counter and sighed. Mark came in and sat on a chair.

"So, when does this start?" Mark said.

"Tomorrow" I replied. He smiled and I blushed.

"Well, I'll see ya tomorrow then. Tell the little guy I said good night alright?" He said. I nodded my head. We were about to kiss but we stopped in our tracks and just shook hands. He then left and closed me door. I sighed and ran my hand through my hair.

All of a sudden, I heard a little boy crying. I quickly ran to where the cry was and it was Charlie one the ground holding his knee. I sat down and put on my legs. "What's wrong? Did you fell and hit your knee?"

He nodded his head as he sucked his thumb. I rocked him back and forth, calming him down. Once he stopped crying he was asleep. I smiled and kissed his forehead. I stood up with him in my arms and I put him on my couch. I quickly went to my room and grabbed a blanket and ran back to the living room and placed the blanket over his small body. I put a pillow under his head.

I looked at the time and it's almost three. Maybe he'll be hungry when he wakes up?

I went to kitchen and started making some sandwiches. I put the sandwiches on two plates and then went to the fridge and took out some juice. Just as I did, I recieved a phone call. It was from my mom. Ugh, what does she want.

M- mom, A-Alex

A- hello?
M- hey sweetie. I heard you adopted a child.
A- yeah. I did. I hope you aren't mad.
M- nope I'm not mad. I'm very happy. You finally got me a grandson. The family wants to meet him you know.
A- I didn't know.
M- Alex, we haven't seen you in months. And we miss you.
A- I know mom. It's just that I'm so busy and you guys are in Diamond Bar. I'm here in New York.
M- can we come there. Like come an visit. You have like a lot room.
A- yeah. Sure. I'm sure it'll be fine.
M- okay. (Charlie starts crying)
A- mom, I have to go. He just woke up.
M- ok. Bye

I hanged up and quickly went to the living room. I saw him sitting up and crying. He looked terrified. I sat on the couch and put him on my lap. I was holding him. He was shaking and crying really hard.

"It's okay. I'm here. I'm here. It's safe with me. I promise" and just like that, he calmed down. I really wonder what happened when he was with his parents. I wonder why he doesn't talk.

"Charlie, are you hungry? Do you wanna eat?" I asked him. He sucked his thumb and nodded his head. I stood up and picked him. I placed him on the counter chair and grabbed the plates and juice. I placed them infront of Charlie.

"Here you go" I said. Charlie then started eating slowly. I started eating mine.

I smiled as I saw Charlie eating calming and happily. He's such a cute little thing. "So, Charlie, do you like animals?" I asked.

He nodded his head. "Do you like cats?"

He shook his head no. "How about bunnies?"

He shook his head no again. I frowned trying to figure out what he likes. Maybe dogs. "Do you like dogs?"

He nodded his head. I smiled. But it faded when I remembered that it's going to be a long time for him to start speaking. I just don't understand why he doesn't talk. I'll surely find out.

A/N:

Again, sorry for the grammar. Don't forget to comment or vote.