Chapter 10

*no one's POV*

The first day of the custody battle didn't went easy. Alex came back home in tears. Charlie well, he didn't know what was going on. And Mark was always on her side comforting her and tried to keep Charlie happy.

The second day wasn't easy either. Anna's lawyer told these terrible lies about Alex. Saying that she only adopted Charlie for fame and money. But it wasn't true. Anna lied saying that she would be a better mom with Charlie after she controls herself with the help of therapy and anger management.

Today was a rest day. Mark went out to buy some food, while Alex stayed home with Charlie. Charlie was sitting infront of the coffee table coloring. Alex was in complete stress. Especially with the injury she still has. Alex walked out of kitchen and walked up to Charlie. She sat down next to him.

She looked over the shoulder of Charlie and saw the drawing e was doing. "Who are those people Charlie?" Alex asked.

"It's you, daddy, and me" Charlie replied. I smiled at the picture. It was three stick figures. Mark was the talk green on, and Charlie was the small blue one and I was the who was almost Mark's stick figure, and I was purple.

"Momma, who that wady that not wike you?" Chair asked as he took out another paper and started drawing again. I sighed and ran my hand through my hair. I really don't want to tell him that it's his real mom. I'm afraid that it'll scare him.

"Well, that lady Charlie, is your real mom" I replied. Charlie looked at me with fear. He had a scared face.

"I no wike her!" Charlie said as if he was going to cry. I frowned and I wondered why.

"Why don't you like that lady? She looks nice" I said hoping to get answers.

"She always mean to me!" Charlie cried. "She say I bad boy!"

My heart stopped when Charlie recalled those memories. "She hit me and make me cry! She touches me hear!"

Charlie pointed below his belly button. I clearly wanted to cry and hurt that lady. But I couldn't. I had to be the bigger person. I had to be strong and show an example for Charlie. "Charlie, what else would she do to you?" I asked.

"She weave me in bathroom and don't let me out" Charlie said. I saw a tear slip out of his eye. I pulled him to me and I hugged him. I wanted to cry so bad. My son, had been through so much from that woman.

"I promise I won't let them take you to her. I promise I'll make sure you stay with me" I said in a soft voice. I felt Charlie's arms wrap around me and his head on my right shoulder.

"Pwomise?" Charlie asked almost in a whisper. I nodded my head.

"I promise bud" I said. "I love you"

"Wove you too momma" Charlie said.

A/N:

Sorry for a very short chapter. But hope you enjoyed it.